Kung Pao Chicken

Daemon09

Novice Foodie
Want to try a not-so-common recipe? I got you! I recently discovered a chicken recipe called Kung Pao Chicken, in fact, Kung Pao Chicken is a classic Chinese dish known for its bold flavors and spicy kick. So here's an easy recipe for Kung Pao Chicken that you can make at home:

Kung-Pao-Chicken-11.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3-4 dried red chilies, or to taste (adjust based on your spice preference)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 2-3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
For the Sauce:

• 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil

Instructions:​

1. Marinate the Chicken:
    • In a bowl, mix the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, Chinese rice wine (or sherry), and cornstarch. Let it marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
  2. Prepare the Sauce:
    • In another bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, Chinese black vinegar (or balsamic vinegar), sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
  3. Heat the Wok or Skillet:
    • Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
  4. Stir-Fry Chicken:
    • Add the marinated chicken to the hot wok and stir-fry until it turns golden brown and is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
  5. Cook Peanuts and Chilies:
    • In the same wok, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil.
    • Stir-fry the dried red chilies and peanuts for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
  6. Add Aromatics and Vegetables:
    • Add minced garlic, ginger, and the white parts of the green onions to the wok. Stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
    • Add diced red bell pepper and continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the peppers are slightly tender.
  7. Combine Everything:
    • Return the cooked chicken back to the wok.
    • Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Stir everything together to coat well and heat through for another 1-2 minutes.
  8. Finish and Serve:
    • Garnish with the green parts of the chopped green onions.
    • Serve hot over steamed rice.
Enjoy your homemade Kung Pao Chicken with its spicy, savory, and slightly tangy flavors! Adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or fewer dried red chilies. This dish pairs wonderfully with rice or noodles.

That sounds intriguing! Kung Pao Chicken is definitely a tasty choice. The combination of bold flavors and spicy kick makes it a classic favorite. I'd love to give your recipe a try!🍲😋

I've never tried making Kung Pao Chicken at home before, but this seems doable. I love the combination of flavors, especially with the peanuts and dried red chilies😍

OMG, this Kung Pao Chicken recipe is giving me all the feels! Can't wait to whip it up for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing, gonna level up my cooking game with this one! 😋

Want to try a not-so-common recipe? I got you! I recently discovered a chicken recipe called Kung Pao Chicken, in fact, Kung Pao Chicken is a classic Chinese dish known for its bold flavors and spicy kick. So here's an easy recipe for Kung Pao Chicken that you can make at home:

View attachment 1720

Ingredients:​

• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3-4 dried red chilies, or to taste (adjust based on your spice preference)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 2-3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
For the Sauce:

• 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil

Instructions:​

1. Marinate the Chicken:
    • In a bowl, mix the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, Chinese rice wine (or sherry), and cornstarch. Let it marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
  2. Prepare the Sauce:
    • In another bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, Chinese black vinegar (or balsamic vinegar), sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
  3. Heat the Wok or Skillet:
    • Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
  4. Stir-Fry Chicken:
    • Add the marinated chicken to the hot wok and stir-fry until it turns golden brown and is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
  5. Cook Peanuts and Chilies:
    • In the same wok, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil.
    • Stir-fry the dried red chilies and peanuts for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
  6. Add Aromatics and Vegetables:
    • Add minced garlic, ginger, and the white parts of the green onions to the wok. Stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
    • Add diced red bell pepper and continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the peppers are slightly tender.
  7. Combine Everything:
    • Return the cooked chicken back to the wok.
    • Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Stir everything together to coat well and heat through for another 1-2 minutes.
  8. Finish and Serve:
    • Garnish with the green parts of the chopped green onions.
    • Serve hot over steamed rice.
Enjoy your homemade Kung Pao Chicken with its spicy, savory, and slightly tangy flavors! Adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or fewer dried red chilies. This dish pairs wonderfully with rice or noodles.
Kung Pao Chicken is always a hit! The spicy, savory flavors are just irresistible. Definitely adding this to my dinner rotation! 🍛🌶️🍗

Thank you for sharing your Kung Pao Chicken recipe! 🥢 It's always exciting to explore new recipes, especially one as flavorful as Kung Pao Chicken. I appreciate you sharing your take on this classic dish. I'm eager to try it out and savor the perfect balance of spicy, savory, and sweet flavors. Do you have any tips for achieving that signature Kung Pao sauce consistency? Looking forward to giving it a whirl in my kitchen! 🌶️🍗

Back