Laab (Spicy Thai/Lao Meat Salad)

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 😊 I wanted to share one of my favorite dishes, Laab (or Larb). It's a spicy, tangy meat salad from Laos and Thailand that's bursting with fresh flavors. Perfect for a light, refreshing meal or a unique dish to impress your friends. Hope you give it a try and enjoy! 🌿🍋🔥
Laab.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground chicken, pork, or beef
  • 1 tablespoon uncooked rice
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 shallots, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1-2 Thai chilies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
  • 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • Lettuce leaves or cabbage for serving
Instructions:

1. Toast the uncooked rice in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Let it cool, then grind it into a coarse powder using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder. Set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spatula.
  3. Add the shallots and garlic to the skillet, cooking for another 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
  4. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar, adjusting to taste. Mix in the chopped Thai chilies.
  5. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly. Stir in the toasted rice powder, mint, cilantro, and green onions.
  6. Serve the laab with lettuce leaves or cabbage for wrapping. Enjoy!

OMG, this Laab (Spicy Thai/Lao Meat Salad) has me drooling already! Can't wait to add a punch of flavor to my dinner table with this recipe. Thanks for sharing the spice! 😋

Back