Laing Recipe

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, foodies! 🌿Allow me to introduce you to "Laing" – a tantalizing dish hailing from the Bicol region that's bursting with rich coconut goodness and a spicy kick. Get ready to elevate your taste buds with this creamy and aromatic concoction of taro leaves cooked in coconut milk, shrimp paste, and chili peppers. Let's dive in and discover the magic of Laing! 🥥🔥✨
Laing Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 500g dried taro leaves (or fresh if available)
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • 3 tablespoons shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 3-4 pieces dried chili peppers (or more for extra heat)
  • 1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Optional: 1/4 cup small dried fish (dilis) for added flavor

Instructions:

1. If using dried taro leaves, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large pot or wok, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ginger until fragrant and onions are translucent.
  3. Add shrimp paste (bagoong alamang) and dried chili peppers to the pot. Stir well and cook for another minute.
  4. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Let it cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  5. Add the softened taro leaves to the pot, making sure they are submerged in the coconut milk mixture. If using dried fish, add it now.
  6. Cover the pot and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30-40 minutes or until the taro leaves are tender and the sauce has thickened.
  7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the spiciness according to your preference by adding more chili peppers if desired.
  8. Once cooked, serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy the creamy and spicy goodness of Laing! 🍚🌶️🥥

Whoa, there's going to be a taste explosion with this Laing recipe! It seems too good to resist: savory shrimp paste, fiery jalapeño peppers, and creamy coconut milk. Add some aromatics to the meal, such ginger, onion, and garlic, and it will taste even better. Furthermore, it's a great touch to have the option to add dried fish for an additional taste boost. Served over a bed of steamed rice, I can already see this dish's rich, decadent flavor and cozy warmth. It's time to introduce some Bicol flavor into my kitchen! 🌶️🥥🍚

Laing recipe? 🌿🥥🌶️ That sounds like a taste of the tropics! 😋 Love the combination of creamy coconut milk and spicy chili peppers. Can't wait to give this Filipino dish a try! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

This Laing recipe looks intriguing! I've never tried cooking with taro leaves before. How would you describe the flavor profile?

Thanks for sharing this flavorful journey! 🌶️🥥 Can't wait to experience the rich flavors of Laing and embark on a culinary adventure to the Bicol region from my own kitchen! 🍽️🌿

Back