lemon bars recipe

Popsickle

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delightful treat: homemade lemon bars! 🍋🍰 These tangy and sweet bars are bursting with fresh lemon flavor and are perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings. They're easy to make and guaranteed to brighten up any day. Let's dive into this zesty dessert together! 😊🍋
1717603443946.png

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
  2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Gradually add in the 2 cups of flour and mix until well combined. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
  4. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
  5. While the crust is baking, prepare the lemon filling. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
  6. Once the crust is baked, remove it from the oven and pour the lemon filling over the hot crust.
  7. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is set and the edges are lightly golden brown.
  8. Allow the lemon bars to cool completely in the pan before slicing into squares.
  9. Dust the tops of the lemon bars with powdered sugar before serving.

Enjoy your homemade lemon bars!

YASSSS to homemade lemon bars! 😋 These look absolutely divine ..perfectly tangy and sweet, just the way I like them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I can't wait to try these zesty lemon bars! The citrus flavor and sweet filling sound amazing. Thanks for the clear instructions! 🍋🍰

Back