Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I just made this super easy Lemon Drizzle Cake and thought I’d share because it turned out so good—moist, tangy, and not too sweet. Perfect with a cup of tea! ☕ If you love lemony desserts, you’ve gotta try this! Here’s how I made it:

Ingredients:

For the cake:

• 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup (225g) granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
  • Zest of 2 lemons
  • 2 tbsp milk
For the drizzle:

• Juice of 2 lemons
  • 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a loaf tin. I used a 9x5 inch tin, but any similar size should work.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. I just used a hand mixer, but a wooden spoon works too if you're feeling old-school! 😉
  3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Don’t worry if it looks a bit curdled—that's normal!
  4. Fold in the flour and the lemon zest, then stir in the milk to loosen the batter a bit.
  5. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for about 45-50 minutes. You know it’s done when a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
  6. While the cake is baking, make the drizzle. Mix the lemon juice and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
  7. Once the cake is out of the oven, prick holes all over it with a fork or skewer, then pour the drizzle over while the cake is still warm. Let it soak in—it’s what makes the cake super moist and lemony! 🍋
  8. Let the cake cool in the tin before slicing (if you can wait that long!).
    Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe.jpg
Enjoy!! 😋 Let me know if anyone tries this out—I’d love to hear what you think!

This Lemon Drizzle Cake looks absolutely delicious! I can almost taste the zingy sweetness! Perfect for brightening up any day. Can’t wait to try this recipe! 😍

Omg that sounds amazing! 😍🍋 I’m totally trying this next weekend—love anything lemony! Thanks for sharing! 🧡✨

Back