Lemon Pound Cake

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! After a few trials and a lot of zest, I finally nailed it! Now, I'm excited to share this recipe with all of you!

Lemon Pound Cake.jpeg
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the plain yogurt or sour cream, and mixing until just combined.
  6. Stir in the fresh lemon juice until evenly incorporated into the batter.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Allow the lemon pound cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
And there you have it, folks! My lemon pound cake journey from kitchen chaos to citrusy perfection🍋🍰✨

The texture of perfectly dense yet moist, and the lemon flavor really shone through without being too overpowering. I love how simple and easy it was to follow your instructions—I'm definitely adding this recipe to my go-to collection for baking. Thanks for sharing such a delicious treat! 🍋✨

Hey there! After a few trials and a lot of zest, I finally nailed it! Now, I'm excited to share this recipe with all of you!

View attachment 3109Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the plain yogurt or sour cream, and mixing until just combined.
  6. Stir in the fresh lemon juice until evenly incorporated into the batter.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Allow the lemon pound cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
And there you have it, folks! My lemon pound cake journey from kitchen chaos to citrusy perfection🍋🍰✨
Lemon pound cake is a timeless classic! The tangy lemon flavor combined with the rich, buttery texture of the cake makes it a delightful treat for any occasion. Whether enjoyed with a cup of tea or as a dessert after dinner, this cake never fails to impress. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

Lemon pound cake is sunshine on a plate! Excited to bake up a zesty treat that's sure to brighten any day. 🍋🍰

Back