Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake Recipe

Tedday2223

Novice Foodie
Looking for a dessert that combines the refreshing zest of lemons with a velvety, moist texture? This Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake is the perfect choice! It’s a delightful treat that brings a burst of citrusy flavor to every bite, making it ideal for any occasion, from casual gatherings to special celebrations. 🍰🍰 🍋

Ingredients​

• 2 cups granulated sugar
  • Zest of 2 lemons
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon paste (optional)
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 cup sour cream, crème fraîche, or full-fat yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour

For the Glaze​

• 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
  • 5 tablespoons lemon juice

Instructions​

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 13x9-inch baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers until the mixture is fragrant.
  3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then, add the vegetable oil, lemon paste (if using), and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
  7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the Glaze​

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
  2. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake, spreading it evenly with a spatula. Let the glaze set before serving.
This Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake is a delightful blend of tangy lemon and sweet, velvety cake. It’s perfect for any occasion, offering a refreshing and satisfying dessert that everyone will love. Happy baking and enjoy the burst of lemony goodness in every bite! 🍋. 🍰🍰 🍋
1724514395549.jpeg

This Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake looks absolutely divine! The texture seems so light and fluffy—just perfect for a summer treat. Can’t wait to give it a try!

This recipe sounds absolutely divine! 🍋 I've been on the lookout for a lemon dessert that’s both zesty and moist, and this Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake seems like it checks all the boxes. I can’t wait to try it out—especially with that lemon glaze on top! Thanks for sharing, I’m sure this will be a hit at my next family gathering. 🍰😊

Back