Lentil Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! I wanted to share my favorite lentil recipe that's perfect for a cozy meal. It's hearty, healthy, and super easy to make. Hope you love it as much as I do!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup green or brown lentils, rinsed
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Instructions:

1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté until fragrant and translucent.
  2. Add the carrots, celery, and bell pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they start to soften.
  3. Stir in the lentils, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, bay leaf, thyme, and smoked paprika. Bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30-35 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf.
  6. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
    Lentil Recipe.jpg
Let me know if you give it a try or have any tweaks to suggest! Happy cooking! 🍲😊

Your lentil recipe sounds delicious and nutritious! 🍲🌱 I'm always looking for new ways to cook lentils—can't wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing!

Hey foodies! I wanted to share my favorite lentil recipe that's perfect for a cozy meal. It's hearty, healthy, and super easy to make. Hope you love it as much as I do!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup green or brown lentils, rinsed
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Instructions:

1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté until fragrant and translucent.
  2. Add the carrots, celery, and bell pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they start to soften.
  3. Stir in the lentils, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, bay leaf, thyme, and smoked paprika. Bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30-35 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf.
  6. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.View attachment 4893
Let me know if you give it a try or have any tweaks to suggest! Happy cooking! 🍲😊
Lentils are such a cozy comfort food! Can't wait to try this. 🌱

Back