Light Lemon Pesto Pasta Recipe 🍝

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently tried this Light Lemon Pesto Pasta recipe and wow, it was such a refreshing change! 🌟 The lemony zing paired with the nutty pesto made it a total hit. It’s light but super flavorful—perfect for a quick and easy meal. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

Light Lemon Pesto Pasta Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
  • 4 ounces Pecorino-Romano cheese, cubed
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 2 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
  • 1 cup basil leaves, firmly packed
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti until tender but still al dente, about 12 minutes; then drain. Transfer the spaghetti to a large bowl.
  2. In a food processor, pulse the cubed Pecorino-Romano cheese until coarsely grated. Add the garlic and pulse until combined with the cheese.
  3. Add the spinach, basil, walnuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt to the food processor. Process until the mixture forms a thick paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed.
  4. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto is smooth and well combined.
  5. Pour the pesto sauce over the cooked spaghetti and toss to coat evenly.

I made this yesterday, and it was so good! The lemon gave it a vibrant kick, and the pesto was perfectly balanced. Definitely a recipe I'll be making again! 😋🍋

That sounds absolutely delicious! 🍋 I love the idea of adding lemon to pesto—it must really brighten up the dish. I’m definitely going to give this recipe a try next time I’m craving pasta. 🥰👌🙂

Back