Limoncello Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently tried making limoncello at home, and it turned out amazing. Thought I'd share the recipe here for anyone interested. It's super easy and perfect for summer! 🌞

Ingredients:

• 10 organic lemons 🍋
  • 1 liter of vodka (I used 100-proof for a stronger flavor) 🍶
  • 3 cups of sugar 🍚
  • 4 cups of water 💧
Instructions:

1. Prep the lemons: Start by washing the lemons thoroughly to remove any wax or pesticides. Then, use a vegetable peeler to carefully peel the lemons. You want just the yellow zest, avoiding the white pith as much as possible since it’s bitter.
  2. Infuse the vodka: Place the lemon peels in a large glass jar. Pour the vodka over the peels, making sure they’re fully submerged. Seal the jar tightly and store it in a cool, dark place for at least 7 days. I left mine for 2 weeks to get a more intense flavor, shaking the jar gently every few days. 🍋🍶
  3. Make the simple syrup: After your infusion period, prepare a simple syrup. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let the syrup cool to room temperature.
  4. Combine and strain: Once the syrup is cool, strain the lemon-infused vodka into a large bowl through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to remove the peels. Then, mix the strained vodka with the simple syrup.
  5. Bottle it up: Pour the limoncello into clean bottles using a funnel. Seal the bottles and store them in the freezer for at least 24 hours before serving. It’s best served ice-cold!
    limoncello recipe.jpg
Enjoy your homemade limoncello! It's fantastic as a digestif or in cocktails. Cheers! 🍋🍸

Limoncello recipe? 🍋🍹 Steep lemon zest in vodka for a few weeks, then strain and mix with a simple syrup made from sugar and water, chill, and serve ice-cold as a zesty and refreshing Italian liqueur - a delightful way to capture the bright flavors of lemon in a drink!

Back