Lobster Bisque

itsmepat

Novice Foodie
Lobster-Bisque-IMAGE-2.jpg

I recently tried making lobster bisque at home, and let me tell you, it was such a satisfying dish! Rich, creamy, and with just the right amount of lobster flavor, it felt like a fancy restaurant meal, but made right in my kitchen.

Ingredients:​

• 1 ½ lbs lobster tails
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 3 cups seafood stock
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • ½ cup white wine
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
  • Fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Cook the Lobster: Begin by cooking the lobster tails in boiling water for about 8 minutes until they're bright red. Let them cool, then remove the meat and set it aside. Keep the shells.
  2. Sauté Veggies: In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery, and sauté until they’re soft and fragrant.
  3. Add Lobster Shells: Toss the lobster shells into the pot and cook for a few more minutes to deepen the flavor.
  4. Make the Base: Stir in the flour, then slowly pour in the seafood stock and white wine. Add the tomato paste and bay leaf. Let this simmer for about 30 minutes to let all the flavors meld together.
  5. Blend: Remove the bay leaf and lobster shells. Carefully blend the soup until smooth (an immersion blender works great here).
  6. Finish the Bisque: Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream and remaining butter. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne if you like a little heat.
  7. Add Lobster Meat: Finally, chop the lobster meat and add it to the bisque. Simmer for a few minutes until everything is heated through.
  8. Serve: Ladle the bisque into bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy your cozy, luxurious meal. 😋
This lobster bisque turned out to be everything I hoped for—silky smooth with a deep, comforting flavor. It’s the kind of dish that makes you feel like you’re treating yourself, but without all the fuss. Give it a try next time you want something special! 🦞

View attachment 5545

I recently tried making lobster bisque at home, and let me tell you, it was such a satisfying dish! Rich, creamy, and with just the right amount of lobster flavor, it felt like a fancy restaurant meal, but made right in my kitchen.

Ingredients:​

• 1 ½ lbs lobster tails
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 3 cups seafood stock
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • ½ cup white wine
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
  • Fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Cook the Lobster: Begin by cooking the lobster tails in boiling water for about 8 minutes until they're bright red. Let them cool, then remove the meat and set it aside. Keep the shells.
  2. Sauté Veggies: In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery, and sauté until they’re soft and fragrant.
  3. Add Lobster Shells: Toss the lobster shells into the pot and cook for a few more minutes to deepen the flavor.
  4. Make the Base: Stir in the flour, then slowly pour in the seafood stock and white wine. Add the tomato paste and bay leaf. Let this simmer for about 30 minutes to let all the flavors meld together.
  5. Blend: Remove the bay leaf and lobster shells. Carefully blend the soup until smooth (an immersion blender works great here).
  6. Finish the Bisque: Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream and remaining butter. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne if you like a little heat.
  7. Add Lobster Meat: Finally, chop the lobster meat and add it to the bisque. Simmer for a few minutes until everything is heated through.
  8. Serve: Ladle the bisque into bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy your cozy, luxurious meal. 😋
This lobster bisque turned out to be everything I hoped for—silky smooth with a deep, comforting flavor. It’s the kind of dish that makes you feel like you’re treating yourself, but without all the fuss. Give it a try next time you want something special! 🦞
I think adding a splash of sherry or brandy can really enhance the flavor of lobster bisque. Have you tried that? 🍷🦞

Lobster bisque is such a rich, decadent treat! 🦞🥣 The creamy texture and deep lobster flavor are next level. It really elevates the whole dish. Perfect for a fancy dinner at home! 😍

Back