Madeleines with Miso Caramel Recipe ๐Ÿฏ

Good morning, everyone! Today, I'm excited to share with you a delightful twist on a classic treat from my family recipe collection: Miso Caramel Madeleines. These compact French cakes are flavored with miso caramel that is a blend of sweet and savory, making an interesting addition that will definitely tantalize your taste buds. For me, the madeleines are symbolic of all these in my family. They were her grandmotherโ€™s favorite as she loved to experiment with new recipes and find out which were the most untraditional but still amazing. The golden miso caramel which is added to the traditional "madeleine" gives a fascinating and delicious umami quality to each bite. Let us get started on this recipe! ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿฏ

madeleines-with-miso-caramel-135051-2.jpg

Ingredients:

• 100g unsalted butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
  • 1 tsp runny honey
  • 100g icing sugar, sifted (plus extra for dusting)
  • 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted (plus extra for dusting)
  • 2 tbsp almond meal
  • 3 egg whites
For the Miso Caramel:
  • 180ml thin cream
  • 175g caramel (like Top 'n' Fill)
  • 30g white miso paste

Instruction:

1. Make the Miso Caramel: Combine all caramel ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer and whisk continuously for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
  2. Prepare the Batter: Mix melted butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat until combined. Let it cool. In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, flour, and almond meal. Add egg whites and the cooled butter mixture. Stir until smooth. Let the batter rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
  3. Bake the Madeleines: Preheat oven to 180ยฐC. Grease a madeleine pan with butter and dust with flour. Spoon batter into the pan until three-quarters full. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the center springs back when pressed. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Serve: Dust the madeleines with icing sugar and serve with miso caramel.

Enjoy your very own Madeleines with miso caramel!

Good morning, everyone! Today, I'm excited to share with you a delightful twist on a classic treat from my family recipe collection: Miso Caramel Madeleines. These compact French cakes are flavored with miso caramel that is a blend of sweet and savory, making an interesting addition that will definitely tantalize your taste buds. For me, the madeleines are symbolic of all these in my family. They were her grandmotherโ€™s favorite as she loved to experiment with new recipes and find out which were the most untraditional but still amazing. The golden miso caramel which is added to the traditional "madeleine" gives a fascinating and delicious umami quality to each bite. Let us get started on this recipe! ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿฏ

1501ร—1002
365.7 kB

View attachment 1886
Ingredients:

• 100g unsalted butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
  • 1 tsp runny honey
  • 100g icing sugar, sifted (plus extra for dusting)
  • 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted (plus extra for dusting)
  • 2 tbsp almond meal
  • 3 egg whites
For the Miso Caramel:
  • 180ml thin cream
  • 175g caramel (like Top 'n' Fill)
  • 30g white miso paste

Instruction:

1. Make the Miso Caramel: Combine all caramel ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer and whisk continuously for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
  2. Prepare the Batter: Mix melted butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat until combined. Let it cool. In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, flour, and almond meal. Add egg whites and the cooled butter mixture. Stir until smooth. Let the batter rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
  3. Bake the Madeleines: Preheat oven to 180ยฐC. Grease a madeleine pan with butter and dust with flour. Spoon batter into the pan until three-quarters full. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the center springs back when pressed. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Serve: Dust the madeleines with icing sugar and serve with miso caramel.

Enjoy your very own Madeleines with miso caramel!
Dang, those Miso Caramel Madeleines hit different, bro. Reminds me of this one time I tried 'em at this fancy joint downtown. The combo of sweet and savory in those little cakes is next-level. ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Hi Mui, I would definitely love to get started on this. Looking forward to putting these recipe for miso caramel madeleines to the test. A good balance between sweetness and saltiness. Thank you for passing the food guidance.๐Ÿฐ

Back