Margherita Pizza Recipe

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone, I want to introduce a classic favorite: Margherita Pizza! 🍕 This simple yet delicious pizza features a perfect harmony of fresh ingredients like tangy tomato sauce, creamy mozzarella cheese, and aromatic basil leaves. Get ready to indulge in a slice of Italy right in your own kitchen!
1713632847433.png

Ingredients:
  • 1 pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
  • 1 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
    269×323
    201.6 kB
  • 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to the highest temperature (usually around 475-500°F or as high as your oven will go). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while preheating.
  2. Roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface into your desired shape (round or rectangular).
  3. Transfer the rolled-out dough to a pizza peel or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
  4. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
  5. Arrange the sliced mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
  6. Tear the fresh basil leaves and scatter them over the cheese.
  7. Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil over the pizza and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Carefully transfer the pizza to the preheated oven, either directly onto the pizza stone or onto the baking sheet.
  9. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
  10. Once cooked, remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a minute or two before slicing.
  11. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious Margherita Pizza!
Enjoy your homemade Margherita Pizza!

This classic pizza is a real crowd-pleaser! I love how the simplicity of fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil comes together to create such a delicious flavor combination. Definitely a go-to for pizza night at our house! 🍕🍅🧀🌿

Your Margherita Pizza recipe looks fantastic! 🍕🍅 There's something timeless about the combination of fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese on a crispy crust. It's a classic favorite for a reason! Can't wait to try making it myself.

Back