Mayonnaise Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🌞

I wanted to share a simple and delicious recipe I use all the time for a homemade breakfast mayonnaise. It's super easy to make and adds a nice touch to your morning sandwiches or salads. Plus, it's always fun to start the day with something made from scratch. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1 large egg (room temperature)
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
  • 1 cup neutral oil (like canola or sunflower oil)
  • Salt to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • Optional: a pinch of sugar for a bit of sweetness
Instructions:

1. In a medium bowl, combine the egg, Dijon mustard, and white wine vinegar. Whisk everything together until it's well mixed.
  2. Start adding the oil very slowly, just a few drops at a time, while whisking constantly. This helps to emulsify the mixture and create that creamy texture.
  3. Once the mayonnaise starts to thicken, you can add the oil a bit more quickly, still whisking all the time. It might feel like a workout, but it's worth it!
  4. When all the oil is incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick and smooth, season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. If you like, add a pinch of sugar for a subtle sweetness.
  5. Give it a final whisk to make sure everything is well combined. And that's it!
Store your homemade mayo in a clean jar in the fridge, and it should keep for about a week.

I love using this mayo in breakfast sandwiches with some bacon, lettuce, and tomato, or even just spreading it on toast with a slice of avocado. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! 🥪🍳
Mayonnaise Recipe.jpg

Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any tweaks or tips to share!

I've been wanting to try making my own mayo but haven't gotten around to it. Your recipe looks super easy to follow. Thanks for sharing! 🙂🌸😉✨

Back