McDonald's Southern-style Chicken Sandwich

mr.suave

Novice Foodie
Feeling inspired by my recent McDonald's visit, I decided to recreate their iconic Southern-style chicken sandwich at home. With a crispy, seasoned chicken fillet, tangy pickles, and creamy mayo, this recipe brings that delicious fast-food taste straight to your kitchen.

McDonald's.jpg

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts​
1 egg​
1⁄2 cup water​
1 cup all-purpose flour​
1 teaspoon onion powder​
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder​
1⁄2 teaspoon salt​
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper​
1 pinch sugar​
8 pickles, slices (use the chips version)​
4 hamburger buns​

Preparation:

1. Combine all dry ingredients, excluding sugar, in a paper bag and mix thoroughly.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine egg, water, and sugar.
  3. Coat each breast in the dry mixture by placing them in the paper bag. Dip each breast in the egg mixture, then return to the bag to coat with the dry mixture once more.
  4. Transfer the egg batter to an airtight container and refrigerate.
  5. Refrigerate the breasts on a plate or tray for about 1 hour.
  6. After removing the breasts from the refrigerator, coat them once more in the egg mixture, then in the dry mixture.
  7. Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a large skillet to 375 degrees F.
  8. Fry the chicken until it is light brown and crispy (approximately 15 minutes). Allow the chicken to drain on paper towels to remove excess grease.
  9. Place each breast on the bottom bun and top with two pickle chips.

Let's dive into the kitchen and recreate the magic of McDonald's Southern-style chicken sandwich together! Who's up for trying it out and sharing their thoughts?

Hello! I love eating at McDonald's, so having the chance to recreate one of their iconic sandwiches at home makes me happy. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to cook this and satisfy my cravings! 🍔

Back