Mediterranean Lentil Salad: A Vibrant Lenten Creation

byang05

Culinary Explorer
Mediterranean Lentil Salad- A Vibrant Lenten Creation.jpeg

Looking for a refreshing and nutritious dish to brighten up your Lenten menu? Well, look no further – I've got just the recipe for you: Mediterranean Lentil Salad! It's a colorful medley of hearty lentils, crisp veggies, tangy feta cheese, and zesty lemon-herb dressing. Trust me, it's like a taste of the Mediterranean in every bite. Let's dive in and create something truly delicious!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup green lentils, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange), diced
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
  • 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:

1. In a saucepan, combine the rinsed lentils and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape. Drain any excess water and let the lentils cool slightly.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked lentils, diced cucumber, diced bell pepper, finely chopped red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, halved Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped fresh parsley.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
  4. Pour the dressing over the lentil salad and toss gently to coat everything evenly.
  5. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
  6. Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. Just before serving, give the salad a final toss and garnish with additional fresh parsley if desired.
  8. Serve your Mediterranean Lentil Salad chilled, and enjoy the vibrant flavors of this Mediterranean-inspired dish!

And that's how you make a mouthwatering Mediterranean Lentil Salad that's guaranteed to add flair to your Lenten meals. So, give it a try, indulge in those Mediterranean flavors, and relish each delightful spoonful. 🥗🍋🌿

Mediterranean Lentil Salad: A Vibrant Lenten Creation! 🥗🌿 This sounds like the perfect blend of fresh flavors and healthy goodness. Can't wait to whip it up and dive into a bowl of nutritious deliciousness. Thanks a bunch for sharing this fabulous recipe! 🙌🍴

Your Mediterranean lentil salad recipe sounds like a burst of flavors and colors – perfect for adding some vibrancy to our Lenten meals! 🥗🌈 I appreciate how it incorporates nutritious ingredients like lentils, veggies, and herbs, making it both wholesome and satisfying. Plus, the lemony dressing sounds like it adds a refreshing zing to tie everything together. Thanks for sharing this delightful Lenten creation with us! 🍋🌿

Let me share with you the wonders of this vibrant creation—Mediterranean lentil salad! 🥗💚 It's a dish that's not only bursting with flavor but also packed with wholesome goodness, making it a perfect addition to your Lenten menu or any time you're craving a nutritious meal!

I make a lot of salads like this and add spiralized zucchini; it’s great for volume (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) The lentils look soooo good!
i have been eating lentils frequently in different recipes, yep they are soooo good <3

This Mediterranean Lentil Salad sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it out.
Absolutely! Mediterranean Lentil Salad does sound amazing, doesn't it? With all those fresh ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese, combined with hearty lentils and a tangy vinaigrette—it's a burst of flavors and textures in every bite. I'm sure you'll love it! Let me know how it turns out once you give it a try. :)

Back