Mediterranean Orzo Salad Recipe

Steak_lover01

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 I'm thrilled to share one of my favorite recipes with you today: Mediterranean Orzo Salad. 🥗 This dish is a real crowd-pleaser, packed with vibrant flavors and fresh ingredients. 💫 Trust me, once you try this salad, it'll become your go-to for potlucks, picnics, or just a delicious weeknight meal! 🍽️

Mediterranean Orzo Salad (1).jpg

Ingredients​

• 1 ½ cup dry orzo pasta
  • 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 green onions, trimmed and chopped (both white and green parts)
  • ½ green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
  • 1 cup packed chopped fresh parsley, about 1 ½ ounces
  • ½ cup packed chopped fresh dill, about 0.5 ounces
  • ¼ cup sliced pitted kalamata olives, about 1 ounce
  • 2 teaspoons capers
  • Feta cheese, to your liking

For The Dressing​

• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon oregano

Instructions​

• Cook the orzo pasta according package instructions (mine took about 8 minutes). Drain and cool briefly.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine the grape tomatoes, green onions, bell peppers, parsley, dill, olives and capers (hold the feta for now). Add the orzo pasta.
  • Make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano and a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
  • Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined and the orzo pasta is well coated with the dressing.
  • Top with pieces of creamy feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate for a bit before serving.

Mmm, Mediterranean orzo salad! 🥗🍅 This recipe screams freshness with vibrant veggies, tangy feta, and flavorful herbs all mixed in with delightful orzo pasta. It's like taking a culinary trip to the Mediterranean right from your kitchen! Can't wait to try it out for a taste of sunshine on my plate.

Mmm, Mediterranean orzo salad! 🥗🍅 This recipe screams freshness with vibrant veggies, tangy feta, and flavorful herbs all mixed in with delightful orzo pasta. It's like taking a culinary trip to the Mediterranean right from your kitchen! Can't wait to try it out for a taste of sunshine on my plate.
I think adding some feta cheese or olives could take this salad to the next level, adding a salty kick that complements the other Mediterranean flavors perfectly. 🧀🫒 Can't wait to give this recipe a try!

This Mediterranean Orzo Salad is a flavor bomb! Burst of colors!upertino, loving it! Can't wait to impress my friends and family! 🥗🍋🧀

Back