Miso-Glazed Eggplant with Sesame Rice

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, kitchen adventurers! Ready for a flavor-packed journey? 🌿🍋 Let’s whip up some Miso-Glazed Eggplant with Sesame Rice—a savory and umami-rich dish that’s perfect for when you want something light yet satisfying! 🍆🍚 This recipe brings together tender eggplant with a flavorful miso glaze and pairs it with nutty sesame rice. It’s a winner! 🥢✨

Miso-Glazed Eggplant with Sesame Rice

Miso-Glazed Eggplant with Sesame.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Eggplant:

• 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
  • 3 tbsp white miso paste
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp mirin (sweet rice wine)
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp grated ginger
  • Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
For the Sesame Rice:

• 1 cup jasmine rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Prep the rice: Rinse the jasmine rice under cold water until the water runs clear. In a pot, combine the rice, water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender. Once done, fluff with a fork and stir in the sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
  2. Roast the eggplant: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Score the cut sides of the eggplant in a crosshatch pattern, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place the eggplant halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
  3. Make the miso glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, honey (or maple syrup), sesame oil, garlic, and ginger until smooth.
  4. Glaze and roast: Brush the miso glaze generously over the cut sides of the eggplant. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the eggplant is tender and caramelized.
  5. Serve it up: Place the miso-glazed eggplant on a bed of sesame rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. 🌱🍚
Time to dig in and savor those umami flavors! 😍🍽️

This Miso-Glazed Eggplant with Sesame Rice looks absolutely delicious! I love the rich flavors of miso, and pairing it with sesame rice is such a great idea. The presentation is also on point, and I can already imagine how tasty it must be. I can't wait to try this recipe! 🍆🍚

Back