Monjayaki Recipe

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 Today I'm excited to share with you a lesser-known gem from Japanese cuisine: Monjayaki! 🇯🇵🥢 It's like a delightful fusion of okonomiyaki and fondue, creating a crispy yet gooey dish that's perfect for sharing with friends or family.

Monjayaki Recipe.jpeg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups dashi (Japanese soup stock)
  • 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
  • 1/4 cup chopped cooked seafood (shrimp, squid, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cooked meat (pork, chicken, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup chopped vegetables (green onions, bell peppers, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
  • Monjayaki sauce (or okonomiyaki sauce) for dipping
  • Japanese mayo for garnish
  • Bonito flakes and aonori (seaweed powder) for topping
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour and dashi until smooth.
  2. Stir in the chopped cabbage, seafood, meat, vegetables, and grated cheese until well combined.
  3. Heat a non-stick griddle or pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil.
  4. Pour the Monjayaki batter onto the griddle, forming a round shape. Cook until the edges are crispy and golden brown.
  5. Using spatulas, chopsticks, or even metal scrapers, mix and scramble the ingredients in the center of the batter until it becomes gooey and well combined.
  6. Once the mixture is cooked and gooey, transfer it to a plate.
  7. Serve immediately with Monjayaki sauce for dipping, a drizzle of Japanese mayo, and a sprinkle of bonito flakes and aonori on top.
  8. Enjoy the messy deliciousness of Monjayaki with your favorite drinks and good company!
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out! 😄🍽️

In Japanese cooking, monjayaki is like a hidden gem, and this recipe allows us to enjoy its distinct flavors in our own kitchens! 🇯🇵🥚 It's a pleasure to cook and enjoy with loved ones because of the savory ingredients, gooey texture, and crispy edges. Who can resist the wonderful bonito flakes sprinkle and drizzle of Japanese mayo, too? I can't wait to savor this taste combination and personally feel the happiness of monjayaki! 😋👌

Hey everyone! 👋 Today I'm excited to share with you a lesser-known gem from Japanese cuisine: Monjayaki! 🇯🇵🥢 It's like a delightful fusion of okonomiyaki and fondue, creating a crispy yet gooey dish that's perfect for sharing with friends or family.

View attachment 3327
Ingredients:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups dashi (Japanese soup stock)
  • 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
  • 1/4 cup chopped cooked seafood (shrimp, squid, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cooked meat (pork, chicken, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup chopped vegetables (green onions, bell peppers, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
  • Monjayaki sauce (or okonomiyaki sauce) for dipping
  • Japanese mayo for garnish
  • Bonito flakes and aonori (seaweed powder) for topping
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour and dashi until smooth.
  2. Stir in the chopped cabbage, seafood, meat, vegetables, and grated cheese until well combined.
  3. Heat a non-stick griddle or pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil.
  4. Pour the Monjayaki batter onto the griddle, forming a round shape. Cook until the edges are crispy and golden brown.
  5. Using spatulas, chopsticks, or even metal scrapers, mix and scramble the ingredients in the center of the batter until it becomes gooey and well combined.
  6. Once the mixture is cooked and gooey, transfer it to a plate.
  7. Serve immediately with Monjayaki sauce for dipping, a drizzle of Japanese mayo, and a sprinkle of bonito flakes and aonori on top.
  8. Enjoy the messy deliciousness of Monjayaki with your favorite drinks and good company!
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out! 😄
64×64 png
3.1 kB

🍽️
Monjayaki! This brings back memories of my trip to Tokyo. Can’t wait to try making it at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 😊🍽️

I've always been a fan of okonomiyaki, but I've never tried making Monjayaki before. Your instructions make it look so easy and fun! Definitely going to try this out with my family this weekend.😉😋✨

Back