Nam Tok Neua (Grilled Beef Salad)

Xeth_

Tasty Apprentice
Hello, food lovers! 🌿✨ If you're looking for a vibrant and flavorful dish, Nam Tok Neua is a must-try! This Grilled Beef Salad is packed with delicious herbs and a zesty dressing that will awaken your taste buds. Perfect for a light meal or a refreshing appetizer!

**Nam Tok Neua (Grilled Beef Salad)**

🥩 **Ingredients:**
- 500g beef (sirloin or flank), grilled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked jasmine rice, toasted and ground
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2-3 Thai bird’s eye chilies, sliced (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Lettuce leaves for serving

Nam Tok Neua.jpg

🍴 **Instructions:**
1. **Grill the Beef:** Season the beef with salt and pepper, then grill to your desired doneness. Let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain.
2. **Prepare the Dressing:** In a bowl, whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and sliced chilies until well combined.
3. **Combine Ingredients:** In a large mixing bowl, combine the grilled beef, red onion, ground toasted rice, mint leaves, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over and toss gently to mix.
4. **Serve:** Arrange the salad on a platter or serve in individual bowls. Garnish with additional herbs if desired and serve with lettuce leaves for wrapping.

Enjoy this refreshing and aromatic salad that’s bursting with flavor. Let us know how it turned out in the comments below! 🌺🥩💚

I was very eager to try this recipe as this is one of my favorite dishes at a local restaurant. This salad was not as spicy as the one I was trying to achieve and far too sweet. 😅☺️👍

Nam Tok Neua sounds incredible! 😋🔥 I’m loving the idea of a grilled beef salad with all those vibrant flavors. The combination of spicy and tangy must be amazing. Can’t wait to give this a try—thanks for sharing!

Nam Tok Neua is such a flavorful dish! 🥩🌶️ The combo of grilled beef, fresh herbs, and that tangy lime dressing is unbeatable. I always add extra mint for that burst of freshness. Perfect balance of savory and spicy! 😋

Back