New England Clam Chowder Recipe

Good day, everyone! I wanted to share a delicious and savory recipe that's perfect for a cold winter day. This creamy New England clam chowder with potatoes and bacon is a hearty and comforting soup that's quite easy to make. I made it earlier this morning, and it's the best! ;)

New England Clam Chowder Recipe.jpg
Ingredients
  • 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 1 Β½ cups chopped onion
  • 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
  • 1 Β½ cups water
  • 1 Β½ teaspoons salt
  • Β½ teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3 cups half-and-half
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 (10-ounce) cans minced clams
Directions
  1. Place diced bacon in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; cook and stir until almost crisp.
  2. Add the chopped onion to the pot with the bacon; cook and stir until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the cubed potatoes and add water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
  5. Pour in the half-and-half and add the butter. Stir well.
  6. Drain the clams, reserving the clam liquid. Stir the clams and half of the reserved clam liquid into the soup.
  7. Cook until heated through, without boiling, about 5 minutes.
  8. Serve and enjoy!
  9. This creamy New England clam chowder is perfect for a cozy meal. Enjoy the rich flavors and comforting warmth!

Good day, everyone! I wanted to share a delicious and savory recipe that's perfect for a cold winter day. This creamy New England clam chowder with potatoes and bacon is a hearty and comforting soup that's quite easy to make. I made it earlier this morning, and it's the best! ;)

View attachment 3974Ingredients
  • 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 1 Β½ cups chopped onion
  • 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
  • 1 Β½ cups water
  • 1 Β½ teaspoons salt
  • Β½ teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3 cups half-and-half
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 (10-ounce) cans minced clams
Directions
  1. Place diced bacon in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; cook and stir until almost crisp.
  2. Add the chopped onion to the pot with the bacon; cook and stir until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the cubed potatoes and add water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
  5. Pour in the half-and-half and add the butter. Stir well.
  6. Drain the clams, reserving the clam liquid. Stir the clams and half of the reserved clam liquid into the soup.
  7. Cook until heated through, without boiling, about 5 minutes.
  8. Serve and enjoy!
  9. This creamy New England clam chowder is perfect for a cozy meal. Enjoy the rich flavors and comforting warmth!
Adding some diced celery and carrots gives the chowder extra texture and nutrients, I think. Plus, it's a nod to traditional recipes! πŸ₯•

This chowder sounds like a total winter win! 😍 Bacon, clams, and creamy goodnessβ€”what's not to love? Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe; it’s perfect for warming up on those chilly days! πŸ²πŸ™Œ
Thanks! πŸ˜„ Glad you’re excited for the chowder! It’s total comfort food for those cold daysβ€”hope you love it as much as I do! πŸ²πŸ™Œ

Back