New York Cheesecake Recipe

otterlyslick

Novice Foodie
MSL-865202-new-york-cheesecake-hero-horiz-0723-84e3c796119d408581d1ef4d02d801cd.jpg

I recently made a New York cheesecake, and it was an absolute hit! Creamy, rich, and with that perfect balance of sweetness and tang, this cheesecake is a dream come true. Here's the recipe that made it all possible.

New York Cheesecake Recipe

Ingredients:

For the crust:

- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs​
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar​
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted​

For the filling:
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened​
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar​
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract​
- 4 large eggs​
- 2/3 cup sour cream​
- 2/3 cup heavy cream​

Instructions:

1. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.​
2. Make the Crust: In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, and slightly up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.​
3. Prepare the Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.​
4. Add the Eggs: Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.​
5. Mix in Creams: Add the sour cream and heavy cream, mixing on low speed until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.​
6. Bake the Cheesecake: Pour the filling over the cooled crust. Place the pan on a baking sheet to catch any leaks, and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the center is just set and slightly jiggly.​
7. Cool: Turn off the oven and crack the door open. Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for about 1 hour to prevent cracking. Then, remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.​
8. Chill: Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, before removing from the springform pan and serving.​

Making this New York cheesecake was such a rewarding experience. The smooth texture and rich flavor made it worth every step. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did—happy baking!

Back