Nigerian Beef Suya (Spiced Grilled Skewers)

KarenDeel

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Check out this mouthwatering Nigerian Beef Suya recipe! 🍢🔥 It's packed with flavorful spices and perfect for grilling season. Can't wait to fire up the grill and try it out this weekend! Who's joining me? 😋👩‍🍳 #grilling #spiceupyourlife

Nigerian Beef Suya (Spiced Grill.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Yajin Kuli:

• 1/2 cup roasted groundnut/peanut butter powder (40g)
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (if using table salt, use half as much by volume)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground grains of selim or grains of paradise (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground (African) cubeb pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Suya:

• 1 pound beef flank or sirloin steak
  • 3 tablespoons peanut oil, or neutral-flavored oil, such as canola
For Serving:

• Red onions, thinly sliced
  • Tomatoes
  • Limes, halved
  • Crisp lettuce
  • Coriander leaves
Directions:

1. For the Yajin Kuli: In a small mixing bowl, combine all Yajin Kuli ingredients. Whisk to mix thoroughly. Set aside.
  2. For the Suya: Wrap beef tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until partially frozen, about 15 to 30 minutes. Slice beef into thin strips.
  3. Place sliced beef in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle peanut oil over it and sprinkle Yajin Kuli over the beef. Toss and massage spice rub into beef until evenly coated. Marinate beef in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Thread beef onto skewers, bunching meat tightly together. Repeat with remaining beef.
  5. Grill skewers over hot coals or on a gas grill until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
  6. Serve with reserved Yajin Kuli, thinly sliced red onions, tomatoes, lime halves, crisp lettuce, and coriander leaves.

This Nigerian Beef Suya recipe is my new grilling obsession! 🍢🔥 Can't get enough of those bold flavors! Time to spice up my weekend cookouts with this deliciousness. Who's ready to join me for a flavor-packed feast? 😋🎉 #grilling #foodieadventures

Hey guys! Check out this mouthwatering Nigerian Beef Suya recipe! 🍢🔥 It's packed with flavorful spices and perfect for grilling season. Can't wait to fire up the grill and try it out this weekend! Who's joining me? 😋👩‍🍳 #grilling #spiceupyourlife

View attachment 2319

Ingredients:

For the Yajin Kuli:

• 1/2 cup roasted groundnut/peanut butter powder (40g)
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (if using table salt, use half as much by volume)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground grains of selim or grains of paradise (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground (African) cubeb pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Suya:

• 1 pound beef flank or sirloin steak
  • 3 tablespoons peanut oil, or neutral-flavored oil, such as canola
For Serving:

• Red onions, thinly sliced
  • Tomatoes
  • Limes, halved
  • Crisp lettuce
  • Coriander leaves
Directions:

1. For the Yajin Kuli: In a small mixing bowl, combine all Yajin Kuli ingredients. Whisk to mix thoroughly. Set aside.
  2. For the Suya: Wrap beef tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until partially frozen, about 15 to 30 minutes. Slice beef into thin strips.
  3. Place sliced beef in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle peanut oil over it and sprinkle Yajin Kuli over the beef. Toss and massage spice rub into beef until evenly coated. Marinate beef in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Thread beef onto skewers, bunching meat tightly together. Repeat with remaining beef.
  5. Grill skewers over hot coals or on a gas grill until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
  6. Serve with reserved Yajin Kuli, thinly sliced red onions, tomatoes, lime halves, crisp lettuce, and coriander leaves.

This Nigerian Beef Suya recipe is my new grilling obsession! 🍢🔥 Can't get enough of those bold flavors! Time to spice up my weekend cookouts with this deliciousness. Who's ready to join me for a flavor-packed feast? 😋🎉 #grilling #foodieadventures
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Nigerian Beef Suya, also known as Spiced Grilled Skewers, is a flavorful and aromatic dish that's perfect for barbecue season or any outdoor gathering. I can already imagine the succulent pieces of beef, marinated in a blend of spices like ground peanuts, paprika, ginger, and garlic, then skewered and grilled to perfection. Plus, it's a great way to enjoy the bold and vibrant flavors of Nigerian cuisine. Can't wait to fire up the grill and try making these Nigerian Beef Suya for a delicious and memorable meal!

Thanks for sharing this recipe! Nigerian Beef Suya, also known as Spiced Grilled Skewers, is a flavorful and aromatic dish that's perfect for barbecue season or any outdoor gathering. I can already imagine the succulent pieces of beef, marinated in a blend of spices like ground peanuts, paprika, ginger, and garlic, then skewered and grilled to perfection. Plus, it's a great way to enjoy the bold and vibrant flavors of Nigerian cuisine. Can't wait to fire up the grill and try making these Nigerian Beef Suya for a delicious and memorable meal!
You know what would kick it up a notch? Adding a squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving. Tried it once, and it brought out the flavors even more!👌🏼🔥.......

Thanks for sharing the recipe for Nigerian Beef Suya! 🍢🔥 It's a classic dish that's full of flavor and spice. Can't wait to fire up the grill and enjoy these mouthwatering skewers! 🍽️😋

Thank you for sharing such a mouthwatering recipe! Nigerian Beef Suya sounds absolutely amazing. 🤤 Your description has me craving those succulent skewers already! I'm excited to give it a try and experience the vibrant flavors of Nigerian cuisine. Thanks again for the inspiration! 🍖🔥

Back