Oatmeal Glazed Breakfast Cake šŸ°

metro_boomin

Novice Foodie
Heyyy there guys! Do you ever want to create a dessert for dinner which can also be eaten as a breakfast later on? Well, I am too :ROFLMAO: But, I found this recipe in my aunt's recipe book and I would love sharing this to you guys! šŸ„²
Oatmeal 1.jpg

Ingredients:

For the cake:
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350Ā°F (175Ā°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. Set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Then, mix in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract until smooth.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if needed.
  9. Once the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
  10. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake. Allow the glaze to set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.

This oatmeal glazed breakfast cake is a game-changer! I made it for brunch, and it was a huge hit with everyone at the table. The cake itself is moist and flavorful, with just the right amount of sweetness, and the oatmeal glaze adds the perfect finishing touch. Plus, it's so easy to make! This recipe is definitely going into my breakfast rotation. Thanks for sharing such a delicious treat!

Wow, that sounds like a delightful recipe! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I can't wait to try making this oatmeal cake that can be enjoyed for dessert or breakfast!

oh! another addition on my list on what's happiness in the morning feels like! thanks for sharing this recipe!šŸ˜

Back