Okonomiyaki Recipe

yourfavoritef1girlie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 Excited to share one of my favorite Asian dishes with you all: Okonomiyaki! 🥞 It's a Japanese savory pancake that's perfect for a cozy night in or a fun cooking adventure with friends.
Okonomiyaki.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup shredded cabbage
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup grated carrot
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup cooked protein of your choice (such as shrimp, pork belly, or chicken)
  • Okonomiyaki sauce (or a mix of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce)
  • Mayonnaise
  • Aonori (dried seaweed flakes) for garnish
  • Katsuobushi (bonito flakes) for garnish

Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, water, and eggs until smooth.
  2. Stir in the shredded cabbage, green onions, and grated carrot until well combined.
  3. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with oil.
  4. Pour a portion of the batter onto the skillet, spreading it out into a circle about 1/2 inch thick.
  5. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
  6. Top the cooked pancake with your choice of cooked protein and drizzle with okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise.
  7. Sprinkle with aonori and katsuobushi before serving.
  8. Repeat with the remaining batter and toppings.
  9. Enjoy your homemade Okonomiyaki!

Savory pancakes are basically the best kind of pancake, and all the toppings sound amazing 🥞🤩 Definitely gotta try making this at home for a fun weeknight dinner ..Thanks for sharing!

The tastes of Japan are brought straight into your home with this recipe for Okonomiyaki! 🇯🇵🥞 You may experiment with other ingredients to make it your own, such as shrimp, pork belly, or chicken. It's hard to resist the mix of crispy cabbage, savory pancake, and the umami-rich kick of okonomiyaki sauce and bonito flakes. In addition, the aonori garnish brings a beautiful burst of taste and color. It's a gastronomic excursion rather than just a meal! 🌟🍴

This Okonomiyaki recipe looks fantastic! 😍 I've been wanting to try making it at home, and your clear instructions and helpful tips make it seem totally doable. I love how customizable it is—I can't wait to experiment with different toppings and fillings to suit my taste. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! 🥞👩‍🍳

Back