Original Mai Tai Recipe

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to the iconic Original Mai Tai cocktail! 🍹✨ This classic tropical drink blends aged Jamaican rum, fresh lime juice, and a touch of sweetness for a refreshing sip of paradise. Let's mix up this timeless favorite and enjoy a taste of the tropics!

Ingredients:
346×250
168.8 kB

1720847164571.png

• 2 oz (60 ml) aged Jamaican rum
  • 3/4 oz (22 ml) fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 oz (15 ml) orange curaçao
  • 1/4 oz (7.5 ml) Orgeat syrup
  • 1/4 oz (7.5 ml) simple syrup (1:1 ratio of water to sugar)
  • Mint sprig and lime wheel, for garnish
  • Crushed ice
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the glass: Fill a double old-fashioned glass or tiki mug with crushed ice to chill it.
  2. Shake the ingredients: In a cocktail shaker, combine the aged Jamaican rum, fresh lime juice, orange curaçao, Orgeat syrup, and simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
  3. Shake well: Shake the ingredients vigorously for about 10-15 seconds until well-chilled.
  4. Strain into the glass: Discard the ice from the serving glass. Strain the cocktail mixture over fresh crushed ice in the chilled glass.
  5. Garnish and serve: Garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wheel on the rim of the glass. Optionally, you can also float a little dark rum on top for added depth.
  6. Enjoy: Serve immediately and enjoy the classic flavors of the original Mai Tai!
Cheers to a refreshing Mai Tai!

Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to the iconic Original Mai Tai cocktail! 🍹✨ This classic tropical drink blends aged Jamaican rum, fresh lime juice, and a touch of sweetness for a refreshing sip of paradise. Let's mix up this timeless favorite and enjoy a taste of the tropics!

Ingredients:
346×250
168.8 kB

View attachment 4961
  • Crushed ice
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the glass: Fill a double old-fashioned glass or tiki mug with crushed ice to chill it.
  2. Shake the ingredients: In a cocktail shaker, combine the aged Jamaican rum, fresh lime juice, orange curaçao, Orgeat syrup, and simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
  3. Shake well: Shake the ingredients vigorously for about 10-15 seconds until well-chilled.
  4. Strain into the glass: Discard the ice from the serving glass. Strain the cocktail mixture over fresh crushed ice in the chilled glass.
  5. Garnish and serve: Garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wheel on the rim of the glass. Optionally, you can also float a little dark rum on top for added depth.
  6. Enjoy: Serve immediately and enjoy the classic flavors of the original Mai Tai!
Hi guys! Make sure to shake it well with ice! I think it chills the drink perfectly and blends all the flavors, though stirring works for some cocktails. 🍸❄️

Yum, this Mai Tai recipe sounds like a perfect tropical getaway in a glass! 🌴🍹 Thanks for sharing this classic—can’t wait to try it out! 🙌

Ingredients:
346×250
168.8 kB

View attachment 4961
  • Crushed ice
Instructions:
Classic Mai Tai? Count me in! This will definitely be a hit at my next party. 🌺🍹

Back