Osso buco: What's the backstory?

Hello there, Curious mind here that wants to know what's the story behind osso buco? I'm interested to know the flavorful history and origin of this classic dish! Anyone??
Osso buco: not just a fancy name! This "bone with a hole" dish is a Milanese legend with humble beginnings. Likely born in 19th century Lombardy, Italy, it used slow-cooking to turn veal shank into a tender masterpiece. Saffron sometimes added a touch of luxury, but the real magic is in the slow-cooked flavor. Enjoy this delicious piece of history!

Hello there, Curious mind here that wants to know what's the story behind osso buco? I'm interested to know the flavorful history and origin of this classic dish! Anyone??
Hey there! Literally meaning ‘a hole bone’ in Italian, Osso Buco is a dish that originated from Milan which is made from braised veal shanks, wine and broth. It has been known since the nineteenth century and can be easily recognized to this day by the intensity of the taste and the tenderness of the meat. Remember warm Italian grandmas who gave this dish the best touch with their inimitable nonnas’ comfort?!🍲🍷

I believe Osso Buco dates back to the 19th century in Milan, though its popularity has spread far beyond Italy since then. It's a classic dish that's both hearty and elegant! 🇮🇹🍴

Osso buco is an Italian dish originating from Milan, traditionally made with cross-cut veal shanks braised with vegetables, white wine, and broth, creating a rich and flavorful stew-like dish.

Osso buco has a rich history! 🍖🇮🇹 It's a traditional Italian dish, specifically from Milan, known for its tender veal shanks braised in wine and broth with veggies. Perfect for a hearty and flavorful meal!

Back