Oven Baked Beef Brisket

Aprodhite

Culinary Explorer
Hi there. Sharing you guys my not-so-secret recipe for oven-baked beef brisket. Now, I'll be honest with you—cooking this brisket wasn't exactly a walk in the park. There were moments when I questioned my sanity, like when I couldn't find the right spice in my chaotic pantry or when I accidentally spilled half the beer while pouring it into the pan 😅
oven baked beef brisket.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 4 lb beef brisket, trimmed
  • 2 large onions, thick sliced
  • 3/4 cup beer (not flavored)
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
Instruction:

1. Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Now, take a moment to appreciate the fact that you're about to embark on a culinary journey that will make your taste buds sing with joy.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, cumin, black pepper, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. This is your secret spice blend, so don't be stingy with it. Rub it all over your brisket, massaging it in like you're giving the brisket a spa treatment.
  3. Place your brisket in a large roasting pan. Surround it with those thick slices of onions, like a protective onion fortress guarding your precious brisket from the perils of dryness.
  4. Pour the beer into the pan, being careful not to spill it all over the place like I did (trust me, it makes for a sticky situation). This beer bath will keep your brisket moist and flavorful as it bakes.
  5. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, sealing in all the deliciousness. Pop it into the oven and let it bake for about 3 to 4 hours, or until the brisket is so tender it practically falls apart at the mere sight of a fork.
  6. Once your brisket has reached peak tenderness, remove it from the oven and marvel at its gloriousness. Now comes the fun part: slathering it with your favorite barbecue sauce. Go ahead, be generous with it. This is no time for restraint.
  7. Return the brisket to the oven, uncovered this time, and let it bake for another 30 minutes to allow the barbecue sauce to caramelize and become gloriously sticky.
  8. Remove the brisket from the oven, let it rest for a few minutes (if you can resist the temptation to dive in right away), then slice it up and serve it to your eagerly awaiting audience.

And there you have it, you've just conquered the beast known as oven-baked beef brisket! Now, before you go off into the sunset with a belly full of brisket bliss, let me leave you with a few words of wisdom: don't be afraid to get creative with your spice blends and barbecue sauces. Experimentation is the spice of life, after all. And hey, if you have any genius ideas or hilarious mishaps to share, drop them in the comments below

There you have it, you've conquered the oven-baked beef brisket! Feel free to experiment with spice blends and sauces :). Share your ideas or mishaps in the comments below. Happy cooking everyone!

It's a dish that promises hearty flavors and tender, melt-in-your-mouth goodness! Whether you're slow-cooking it with a savory rub or marinating it overnight for that extra burst of flavor, the aroma wafting through the kitchen is sure to whet your appetite. Have you tried any special techniques or secret ingredients to make your brisket stand out? 🥩🍴

Wow, your oven-baked beef brisket recipe looks amazing! 🤩 I can totally relate to those kitchen mishaps, but it's all part of the fun, right?

Wow, your oven-baked beef brisket recipe looks amazing! 🤩 I can totally relate to those kitchen mishaps, but it's all part of the fun, right?
One of my favorite techniques is to add a splash of apple cider vinegar to the marinade. It not only tenderizes the meat but also adds a subtle tanginess that balances out the richness of the brisket.

Oven baked beef brisket? 🥩🍖 Slow-roast seasoned beef brisket in the oven until tender and juicy, then slice thinly and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce or gravy for a flavorful and comforting meal that's perfect for any occasion or gathering!

Back