Paella Recipe

SilentSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Despite not having a drop of Spanish blood in me, I'm absolutely smitten with their cuisine, and this recipe is at the very top of my list. I just had to share it with you all! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Ingredients
paella-image3-197390-1.jpg

• 250g chorizo sausage (see note)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
  • 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 red capsicum, finely diced
  • 1 tsp ground turmeric
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 cups white rice
  • 400g can Coles Italian Diced Tomatoes
  • 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
DIRECTIONS
Step 1
Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 250g chorizo sausage (see note). Cook for 4 minutes, turning, or until browned. Remove to a plate. Cut into 1cm-thick slices.
Step 2
Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces to frying pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Add 1 large brown onion, finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves, crushed and 1 red capsicum, finely diced. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
Step 3
Add 1 tsp ground turmeric, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 1/2 cups white rice, 400g can Coles Italian Diced Tomatoes and 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock to frying pan. Stir until well combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until rice is tender.
Step 4
Remove lid. Stir through 1 cup frozen peas and sausage. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped. Serve.

Oh, I'm so excited to give this a try! 🥘🎉 Thanks a bunch for sharing the paella recipe – you're a culinary genius! 👩‍🍳🌟

The recipe was so easy to follow, even for a clumsy noob like me, and the recipe is straight-up delicious! Mine turned out a little bit more Levain-style because of some alterations I made out of necessity, but that's a good thing! (y):)

Back