⋆。˚ Paella with Scallops Recipe 🦪

beni

Tasty Apprentice
After a Mediterranean seafood market adventure, I whipped up a homemade Paella with Scallops that was like a party in my mouth! 🦐 The aroma filled the air, and my friends and family couldn't get enough. Food really does bring people together, and this dish captured the essence of coastal living perfectly. 🌊

Ingredients:
paella.jpg

• 1 cup paella rice (such as Bomba or Arborio)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 2 cups seafood or chicken broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 8 large scallops, cleaned and patted dry
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for cooking
  • Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
  • Lemon wedges, for serving

Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, crush the saffron threads and soak them in 2 tablespoons of warm water for about 10 minutes to release their flavor.
  2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the diced bell pepper and tomato, and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
  4. Add the paella rice to the pan and toast it for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
  5. Pour in the seafood or chicken broth, along with the saffron-infused water, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
  6. Reduce the heat to low and let the paella simmer, uncovered, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is almost cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Avoid stirring the rice too much to develop the socarrat, the crispy bottom layer.
  7. While the paella is cooking, season the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat a separate skillet over high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sear the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
  8. Once the paella is almost cooked, arrange the seared scallops on top of the rice and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and the scallops are heated through.
  9. Remove the paella from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Paella with Scallops with friends and family, savoring each bite of this delightful dish that captures the essence of summer and coastal living.

Paella with scallops? That sounds like a luxurious twist on a classic dish! 🥘🦪 Indulge in the vibrant flavors and textures of saffron-infused rice, savory seafood, and tender scallops, creating a culinary masterpiece that's sure to impress!

Paella with scallops? That sounds like a luxurious twist on a classic dish! 🥘🦪 Indulge in the vibrant flavors and textures of saffron-infused rice, savory seafood, and tender scallops, creating a culinary masterpiece that's sure to impress!
Your excitement over this fancy-pants paella is contagious! It's like a flavor party in my mouth - that saffron rice, those juicy scallops, pure magic. Keep on cooking up a storm, chef! 🍤🍚🌊

Wow, this paella with scallops recipe looks incredible :oops:! I love the combination of flavors and the use of saffron and smoked paprika. Excited to give it a try and add a touch of Mediterranean flair to my dinner table!

Wow, this paella with scallops recipe looks incredible :oops:! I love the combination of flavors and the use of saffron and smoked paprika. Excited to give it a try and add a touch of Mediterranean flair to my dinner table!
Yay! Get ready to rock that scallop paella 🥘🎉

Wow, your paella looks absolutely divine! 😍🥘 The addition of scallops must give it such a delightful twist. Can't wait to recreate this at home and impress my family! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back