Pakistani Chicken Karahi 🌶️🍗

culinary_connoisseur

Culinary Explorer
So, I was traveling in Pakistan and stumbled upon this little eatery in Lahore. They served this Pakistani Chicken Karahi dish... like, seriously, it was insane! The flavors were out of this world... tangy, spicy, and just so damn satisfying. I learned the recipe from the chef himself and now I'm here to spread the love.
768×1024
268.7 kB

Pakistani Chicken Karahi.jpg

Ingredients

• ½ cup sunflower oil
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets discarded, cut into 12 pieces
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt
  • 1 ½ teaspoons ginger and garlic paste
  • ½ teaspoon red chile powder
  • ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • 4 green chile peppers, finely chopped, or more to taste
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped

Directions

1. In a big pot or karahi, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Stir in the turmeric, red chili powder, cumin, salt, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
  2. Add the green chili peppers and tomatoes to the stew and stir. After about 30 minutes, or when the chicken pieces are no longer pink at the bone, lower the heat to low, cover, and simmer. If a thermometer is placed close to the bone, it should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
  3. Sprinkle cilantro leaves over chicken and cook until leaves look slightly wilted, about 30 seconds.

Tips

Substitute corn oil for sunflower oil if desired.
Serve with naan bread.

So, I was traveling in Pakistan and stumbled upon this little eatery in Lahore. They served this Pakistani Chicken Karahi dish... like, seriously, it was insane! The flavors were out of this world... tangy, spicy, and just so damn satisfying. I learned the recipe from the chef himself and now I'm here to spread the love.
768×1024
268.7 kB

View attachment 1796

Ingredients

• ½ cup sunflower oil
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets discarded, cut into 12 pieces
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt
  • 1 ½ teaspoons ginger and garlic paste
  • ½ teaspoon red chile powder
  • ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • 4 green chile peppers, finely chopped, or more to taste
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped

Directions

1. In a big pot or karahi, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Stir in the turmeric, red chili powder, cumin, salt, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
  2. Add the green chili peppers and tomatoes to the stew and stir. After about 30 minutes, or when the chicken pieces are no longer pink at the bone, lower the heat to low, cover, and simmer. If a thermometer is placed close to the bone, it should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
  3. Sprinkle cilantro leaves over chicken and cook until leaves look slightly wilted, about 30 seconds.

Tips

Substitute corn oil for sunflower oil if desired.
Serve with naan bread.
Thanks for sharing the Pakistani Chicken Karahi recipe! It sounds like a delicious and flavorful dish, perfect for enjoying the aromatic spices and tender chicken in a rich tomato-based sauce. Can't wait to cook up this tasty and satisfying meal for a flavorful dinner. 🍛🍗🌶️

Pakistani Chicken Karahi is a fiery and flavorful delight that never fails to excite the taste buds! 🌶️🍗 Indulge in the aromatic spices and tender chicken, cooked to perfection in a traditional karahi for an authentic culinary experience that's sure to leave you craving more!

Wow, Pakistani Chicken Karahi looks so delicious! I can almost taste the flavorful spices and juicy chicken just by looking at the picture. I love trying new recipes from different cultures, and this one seems like a perfect blend of spices and flavors. 🌶️🍗

Back