Pastina Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share a comforting and simple pastina recipe that I absolutely love. It’s perfect for those days when you need a warm, cozy meal but don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. This one is a hit in my house, especially on chilly evenings!
Ingredients:

• 1 cup pastina (tiny pasta)
  • 2 cups chicken broth (or water)
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Cook the Pastina:
    • In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth (or water) to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
    • Add the pastina and cook according to the package instructions, stirring occasionally. It usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Add Butter and Cheese:
    • Once the pastina is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed, reduce the heat to low.
    • Stir in the butter until it melts and coats the pastina.
    • Gradually add the grated Parmesan cheese, stirring until it’s fully melted and the mixture is creamy.
  3. Season:
    • Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg if you’re using it. Adjust to taste.
  4. Serve:
    • Spoon the pastina into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
    • Serve immediately while it’s warm and gooey.
      Pastina Recipe.jpg
This dish is super comforting and reminds me of childhood. It's also really versatile – sometimes I add a bit of garlic or even a splash of cream for extra richness. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! If you have any twists or additions, I’d love to hear them.

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share a comforting and simple pastina recipe that I absolutely love. It’s perfect for those days when you need a warm, cozy meal but don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. This one is a hit in my house, especially on chilly evenings!
Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Instructions:

1. Cook the Pastina:
    • In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth (or water) to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
    • Add the pastina and cook according to the package instructions, stirring occasionally. It usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
    • Once the pastina is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed, reduce the heat to low.
    • Gradually add the grated Parmesan cheese, stirring until it’s fully melted and the mixture is creamy.
  3. Season:
    • Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg if you’re using it. Adjust to taste.
  4. Serve:
    • Serve immediately while it’s warm and gooey.View attachment 4101
This dish is super comforting and reminds me of childhood. It's also really versatile – sometimes I add a bit of garlic or even a splash of cream for extra richness. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! If you have any twists or additions, I’d love to hear them.
Mmm, Pastina brings back such cozy memories! 🍲😋 This recipe looks so comforting and simple—perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing!

Hey everyone!

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Instructions:

1. Cook the Pastina:
  3. Season:
  4. Serve:
    • Serve immediately while it’s warm and gooey.View attachment 4101
Pastina always brings back childhood memories! Such a comforting dish. 😋🍲

Back