Culinary Explorer
A kitchen must have!
Pickle Brine Recipe.jpg

Ingredients​

• 2 cups water
  • 1 cup white vinegar (5% acidity)
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, adds a touch of sweetness)
  • 1 tablespoon pickling spices (optional, for added flavor)

Instructions​

1. Prepare the Brine:
    • In a medium saucepan, combine the water, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, and sugar (if using).
    • Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar.
  2. Add Pickling Spices (Optional):
    • If you want to add pickling spices for extra flavor, add them to the boiling brine.
    • You can use store-bought pickling spice or make your own with a mix of mustard seeds, coriander seeds, dill seeds, peppercorns, and a bay leaf.
  3. Cool the Brine:
    • Once the brine has boiled and all the salt and sugar have dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat.
    • Let the brine cool to room temperature before using it to pickle vegetables.
  4. Use the Brine:
    • Pack your prepared vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, green beans, radishes, etc.) into sterilized jars.
    • Pour the cooled brine over the vegetables, making sure they are completely submerged.
    • Seal the jars with lids and store them in the refrigerator.

Quick Pickling​

• For quick pickles, refrigerate the jars for at least 24 hours before eating. The pickles will continue to develop flavor the longer they sit, but they are usually ready to eat after a day or two.

Shelf-Stable Pickling​

• If you want to make shelf-stable pickles, process the jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes after filling them with brine and vegetables.
  • Carefully remove the jars from the water bath and let them cool. Check the seals and store the jars in a cool, dark place.
Enjoy your homemade pickles!

A kitchen must have!
View attachment 4783

Ingredients​

• 2 cups water
  • 1 cup white vinegar (5% acidity)
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, adds a touch of sweetness)
  • 1 tablespoon pickling spices (optional, for added flavor)

Instructions​

1. Prepare the Brine:
    • In a medium saucepan, combine the water, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, and sugar (if using).
    • Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar.
  2. Add Pickling Spices (Optional):
    • If you want to add pickling spices for extra flavor, add them to the boiling brine.
    • You can use store-bought pickling spice or make your own with a mix of mustard seeds, coriander seeds, dill seeds, peppercorns, and a bay leaf.
  3. Cool the Brine:
    • Once the brine has boiled and all the salt and sugar have dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat.
    • Let the brine cool to room temperature before using it to pickle vegetables.
  4. Use the Brine:
    • Pack your prepared vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, green beans, radishes, etc.) into sterilized jars.
    • Pour the cooled brine over the vegetables, making sure they are completely submerged.
    • Seal the jars with lids and store them in the refrigerator.

Quick Pickling​

• For quick pickles, refrigerate the jars for at least 24 hours before eating. The pickles will continue to develop flavor the longer they sit, but they are usually ready to eat after a day or two.

Shelf-Stable Pickling​

• If you want to make shelf-stable pickles, process the jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes after filling them with brine and vegetables.
  • Carefully remove the jars from the water bath and let them cool. Check the seals and store the jars in a cool, dark place.
Enjoy your homemade pickles!
I've always wondered how to make my own pickle brine! Thanks for sharing this recipe. 🥒👍

This pickle brine recipe is such a game-changer! Love finding new ways to reduce waste and add flavor. Can't wait to try this out on some veggies! Thanks for sharing!

This pickle brine recipe looks fantastic! 😍 I've been wanting to make my own pickles at home, and this recipe seems so straightforward. Can't wait to try it out this weekend – thanks for sharing!

I've always wondered how to make my own pickle brine! Thanks for sharing this recipe. 🥒👍
I think combining water, vinegar, salt, and sugar makes a basic pickle brine. Though adding spices like mustard seeds and dill enhances flavor! 🥒🌿

Back