Pickled Peppers Recipe

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
Pickled-Peppers-square.jpg

Have you ever tried making your own pickled peppers? 🍴 I did recently, and wow, they're a game-changer! These pickled peppers are crunchy, tangy, and a little bit spicy – perfect for sandwiches, salads, or just snacking straight from the jar.

Ingredients:​

• 1 pound of mixed peppers (bell peppers, jalapeños, or whatever you like)
  • 2 cups white vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
  • 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
  • 1 bay leaf

Instructions:​

1. Prep the Peppers: Wash the peppers thoroughly. Slice them into rings or strips, depending on your preference. Remove seeds if you want them less spicy.
  2. Make the Brine: In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and salt completely.
  3. Pack the Jars: Divide the garlic cloves, peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and bay leaf evenly among your sterilized jars. Pack the pepper slices into the jars, leaving a little room at the top.
  4. Pour the Brine: Carefully pour the hot brine over the peppers, making sure they are completely submerged. Leave about 1/2 inch of headspace at the top of each jar.
  5. Seal and Cool: Tightly screw on the lids. Let the jars cool to room temperature before placing them in the fridge.
  6. Wait (the hard part!): Allow the peppers to pickle for at least 24 hours before tasting. The flavors will intensify the longer they sit.

Conclusion:​

And there you have it – homemade pickled peppers! 🫑✨ They're so easy to make and incredibly versatile. Once you try them, you'll be looking for excuses to add them to everything. Enjoy!

Wow, your pickled peppers look amazing! 🌶️ I love how vibrant and flavorful they seem. Can’t wait to try this recipe and add a zesty kick to my dishes!

Those pickled peppers sound awesome! 😋 I’ve never tried making them myself, but your recipe makes it look super easy. Can’t wait to give it a go! Thanks for sharing! 🫑👌

View attachment 4987

Have you ever tried making your own pickled peppers? 🍴 I did recently, and wow, they're a game-changer! These pickled peppers are crunchy, tangy, and a little bit spicy – perfect for sandwiches, salads, or just snacking straight from the jar.

Ingredients:​

• 1 pound of mixed peppers (bell peppers, jalapeños, or whatever you like)
  • 2 cups white vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
  • 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
  • 1 bay leaf

Instructions:​

1. Prep the Peppers: Wash the peppers thoroughly. Slice them into rings or strips, depending on your preference. Remove seeds if you want them less spicy.
  2. Make the Brine: In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and salt completely.
  3. Pack the Jars: Divide the garlic cloves, peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and bay leaf evenly among your sterilized jars. Pack the pepper slices into the jars, leaving a little room at the top.
  4. Pour the Brine: Carefully pour the hot brine over the peppers, making sure they are completely submerged. Leave about 1/2 inch of headspace at the top of each jar.
  5. Seal and Cool: Tightly screw on the lids. Let the jars cool to room temperature before placing them in the fridge.
  6. Wait (the hard part!): Allow the peppers to pickle for at least 24 hours before tasting. The flavors will intensify the longer they sit.

Conclusion:​

And there you have it – homemade pickled peppers! 🫑✨ They're so easy to make and incredibly versatile. Once you try them, you'll be looking for excuses to add them to everything. Enjoy!
Pickled peppers are such a great addition to so many dishes! This recipe looks easy and tasty—definitely giving it a go. Thanks for sharing! 🌶️🥒

Back