Piston Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Basil: Rinse the basil leaves under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
  2. Blend: In a food processor or blender, combine the basil leaves and garlic cloves. Pulse a few times until they are finely chopped.
  3. Add Cheese and Oil: With the food processor or blender running, gradually add the Parmesan cheese and then slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue blending until the mixture is smooth and well combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl or pitcher with a spatula.
  4. Season: Season the pistou with salt and pepper to taste. Blend again briefly to incorporate the seasoning.
  5. Serve or Store: Use the pistou immediately as a sauce or condiment, or transfer it to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze in ice cube trays for longer storage.

Serving Suggestions:​

• Serve the pistou stirred into soups like Soupe au Pistou (Provencal vegetable soup with pistou).
  • Use as a topping for grilled meats or fish.
  • Spread on crusty bread or use as a pasta sauce.
Enjoy your homemade Piston (Pistou) with its vibrant flavors of basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese!

This looks great! Pistou is such a versatile sauce, I always love having a jar on hand. Do you ever add pine nuts to your pistou? I've seen some recipes that include them, but I wasn't sure if it was an authentic touch. 🙂👍😉👌✨

Thanks for the recipe! 🌿 This pistou (or should I say "piston" 😄) sounds delish—can't wait to try it out on some pasta or bread. Appreciate the suggestion, definitely going to spice up my cooking game with this!

Come on try something new!
View attachment 4474

Ingredients:​

• 4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Basil: Rinse the basil leaves under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
  2. Blend: In a food processor or blender, combine the basil leaves and garlic cloves. Pulse a few times until they are finely chopped.
  3. Add Cheese and Oil: With the food processor or blender running, gradually add the Parmesan cheese and then slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue blending until the mixture is smooth and well combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl or pitcher with a spatula.
  4. Season: Season the pistou with salt and pepper to taste. Blend again briefly to incorporate the seasoning.
  5. Serve or Store: Use the pistou immediately as a sauce or condiment, or transfer it to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze in ice cube trays for longer storage.

Serving Suggestions:​

• Serve the pistou stirred into soups like Soupe au Pistou (Provencal vegetable soup with pistou).
  • Use as a topping for grilled meats or fish.
  • Spread on crusty bread or use as a pasta sauce.
Enjoy your homemade Piston (Pistou) with its vibrant flavors of basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese!
I've never heard of a piston recipe before! Is it something sweet or savory?
But this looks good, maybe I'll give it a shot😄

Back