Pla Kapong Neung Manao (Steamed Whole Fish with Lime)

Kath_

Tasty Apprentice
Hello, seafood lovers! 🌿✨ If you're looking for a light and zesty dish, Pla Kapong Neung Manao is a must-try! This steamed whole fish is infused with fresh lime and herbs, creating a vibrant and delicious meal that's sure to impress. Ready to steam up something special?

**Pla Kapong Neung Manao (Steamed Whole Fish with Lime)**

🍽️ **Ingredients:**
- 1 whole sea bass or snapper (about 1-2 kg), cleaned and scaled
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Thai bird's eye chilies, finely chopped (adjust for heat)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Fresh cilantro and sliced green onions for garnish
- Lime slices for serving
- Fresh herbs (like Thai basil or mint) for stuffing inside the fish

Pla Kapong Neung Manao.jpg

🍴 **Instructions:**
1. **Prepare the Fish:** Clean the fish thoroughly and make a few diagonal slashes on each side. This helps it cook evenly and absorb flavors.
2. **Make the Sauce:** In a bowl, combine minced garlic, chopped chilies, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
3. **Stuff the Fish:** Place fresh herbs inside the cavity of the fish for added flavor.
4. **Steam the Fish:** Place the fish on a heatproof plate that fits into your steamer. Pour the sauce over the fish. Steam over simmering water for about 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
5. **Garnish and Serve:** Carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced green onions. Serve with lime slices on the side.

Enjoy this refreshing and aromatic dish that captures the essence of Thai cuisine. Let us know how it turned out in the comments below! 🌺🐟💚

This Pla Kapong Neung Manao recipe sounds absolutely delicious! 😍 I love the combination of steamed fish with tangy lime flavors. Can't wait to try this at home for a fresh and zesty meal! 🍋🐟

Pla Kapong Neung Manao sounds like a refreshing and tangy dish! Love the idea of a whole steamed fish with lime. Perfect for a light, flavorful dinner. 🐟🍋

This Glazed Chicken and Pineapple looks absolutely amazing! I love how easy and flavorful it sounds—definitely a recipe I'll be trying soon! Thanks for sharing this awesome dish! 😋👍

Back