Plum Streusel Muffins Recipe

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🌟 I just tried this amazing Plum Streusel Muffin recipe yesterday morning, and I have to say, it was absolutely delicious! 😋 The sweet and tart plums paired with the crunchy streusel topping made for the perfect treat. I’m excited to share this easy and tasty recipe with you all! Let’s dive in!

Plum Streusel Muffins.jpg
Ingredients:
Streusel:

• ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
  • ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch salt
Muffins:
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • ½ cup full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
  • ½ cup 2% milk, at room temperature
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup pitted and chopped fresh plums
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease or line every other muffin cup of a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
  2. For the streusel, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl until the mixture forms crumbs. Set aside.
  3. For the muffin batter, combine the melted butter, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Stir in the sour cream and milk until fully mixed. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, mixing until just combined with a few dry spots remaining. Gently fold in the chopped plums.
  4. Fill every other muffin cup in the prepared pan (6 out of 12 cups) with batter, filling to the top. Sprinkle the streusel topping over each muffin, reserving some streusel for any remaining batter. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are tall, golden brown, and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  6. Repeat the baking process for the remaining batter and streusel topping.

Enjoy your homemade plum streusel muffins! They’re perfect for breakfast or a sweet snack. 🧁💫

These Plum Streusel Muffins look absolutely delicious! ✨ I love how the plum adds a juicy twist to the classic muffin. Can't wait to try this recipe out and enjoy a sweet treat!

Back