Ponyo Ramen: Ghibli-Style 🍜

isekaikigai

Novice Foodie
Hey there! So, if you're a fan of Studio Ghibli, you're in good company. There's something incredibly magical about Ghibli movies, right? And oh, the food scenes! Seriously, have you ever seen animated food look so delicious? Sharing this recipe for that bowl of ramen, inspired by Ponyo, feels like we're sharing a piece of that magical world. Let's get started!

Studio Ghibli Ponyo Ramen recipe.jpg

Cooking Up Some Ponyo Ramen, Ghibli-Style​

What You'll Need:
  • Noodles: Grab a pack or two. Fresh or from a packet, doesn't matter. It's all good.
  • The Broth: You'll need about 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth. Think of it as your base for all the yummy to come.
  • Flavor Bombs: A little soy sauce and sesame oil. These are your secret weapons for taste.
  • Toppings: Here's where you can go wild. Some sliced chicken or a soft-boiled egg, chopped green onions, a bit of spinach, and corn. Because who doesn't love toppings?
Making the Magic Happen:
  1. Start with the Broth: Get that broth warm and welcoming in a big pot. Add a splash of soy sauce and a bit of sesame oil to make it sing. This is where the flavor's at.
  2. Noodles, Baby: Cook those noodles just until they're shy of done. They like to finish up in the broth, soaking up all that goodness.
  3. Assemble Your Masterpiece: Grab some bowls and get those noodles nestled in. Pour the hot broth over them, making sure every noodle gets some love.
  4. Top It Off: Here's the fun part. Layer on your toppings. Chicken, egg, onions, spinach, corn - make it look like a party in a bowl.
  5. Final Touch: Add a piece of nori on top. It's like the ocean waving back at you.
Chill Thoughts:

And there you have it! A bowl of ramen that's straight out of a Ghibli scene. It's all about putting together something that warms the soul, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Totally hope you give it a try. It's simple, fun, and oh-so-comforting. Plus, it's a cool way to bring a bit of that Ghibli magic into your kitchen. Enjoy the cooking and the eating!

Hi! This Ponyo ramen recipe is pure magic! I totally agree, Studio Ghibli movies have this enchanting way of making even animated food look irresistibly delicious. I can't wait to recreate this bowl of goodness and feel like I'm stepping into that whimsical world.

Back