Pupusas Recipe

jannababe

Culinary Explorer
pupusas-recipe.jpg

I recently tried my hand at making pupusas, and wow, they turned out amazing! These delicious Salvadoran stuffed corn tortillas are filled with gooey cheese and savory beans, and they're so satisfying to make and eat. If you haven't tried making them yet, you're in for a treat.

Pupusas Recipe

Ingredients:

- 2 cups masa harina (corn flour)​
- 1 1/2 cups water​
- 1/2 tsp salt​
- 1 cup refried beans​
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or quesillo cheese​
- Oil for cooking​

Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, mix masa harina, water, and salt until a soft dough forms.​
2. Divide the dough into small balls (about the size of a golf ball).​
3. Flatten each ball into a disk, then place a spoonful of beans and cheese in the center.​
4. Fold the dough over the filling and seal the edges, then gently flatten again into a thick disk.​
5. Heat a bit of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook each pupusa for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.​

Serve your pupusas hot with curtido (a tangy cabbage slaw) and salsa roja for the full experience. They're so fun to make and even better to eat. Enjoy! 🌟

It's awesome to hear yours turned out amazing. There's something so satisfying about that gooey cheese and savory bean filling. Thanks for the inspiration—definitely adding pupusas to my cooking list! ;) ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this pupusa recipe! Tried it out and it was a hit with my family. They're already asking when I'll make them again. Great stuff! 👍

Back