Quinoa Feta Salad

lilolilolilo

Novice Foodie
Hey guys, I'm excited to share a dish I had today while dining with a friend at a Peruvian cuisine restaurant. I tried this amazing Quinoa Feta Salad, and it was so delicious that I had to recreate it at home. Here's my version of the dish:

Ingredients (for 2 servings):

• 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups water or vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cucumber, diced
  • 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Rinse the quinoa under cold water, then combine it with water or vegetable broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and chopped parsley.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
  4. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss until everything is evenly coated.
  5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, then serve your delicious Quinoa Feta Salad immediately or refrigerate for later.
Enjoy this light and refreshing salad as a side dish or a main course! It's an ideal choice for a nourishing lunch or dinner option. Hope you love it as much as I do! 🥗

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 45
that’s a favorite in my recipe book! I love how the nutty quinoa pairs perfectly with the tangy feta cheese and the freshness of the vegetables. I usually have this as a light meal for lunch 😋

Back