Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas 💪

SkrillexAoki

Novice Foodie
Looking for a tasty and nutritious way to refuel after your workout? Take a look in my own Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas Recipe!

Based on my experience, this is a really perfect meal for us body-builders, trust me! Packed with protein, fiber, and flavor, it's the perfect post-workout meal to keep me and you for feeling satisfied and energized. You will never regret trying this my most recommended meal. 🦾
builder food.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups water or vegetable broth
  • 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and red onion), chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
Instruction:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
  2. Rinse the quinoa under cold water using a fine-mesh sieve. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water or vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and transfer it to a large mixing bowl to cool.
  3. While the quinoa is cooking, toss the mixed vegetables and chickpeas with olive oil, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper on the prepared baking sheet. Spread them out in an even layer.
  4. Roast the vegetables and chickpeas in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
  5. Once the quinoa has cooled slightly and the roasted vegetables and chickpeas are done, add them to the bowl with the quinoa.
  6. Drizzle the lemon juice over the quinoa and vegetable mixture, then toss everything together gently to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  7. If desired, sprinkle chopped fresh parsley or cilantro over the salad for added freshness.
  8. Serve the quinoa salad warm or at room temperature, topped with optional toppings like avocado slices, crumbled feta cheese, or toasted nuts/seeds.
This quinoa salad is not only delicious but also provides a balanced combination of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats to refuel your body after a workout. If you have any questions. Just reply to this thread. Rest assured that this is a worth to try. 🙌🏻🤙

Attachments

• builder food.jpg
    builder food.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 55
Mmm, your Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas sounds delicious! I love the idea of combining hearty quinoa with flavorful roasted veggies and protein-packed chickpeas. It's like a burst of healthiness in every bite! Can't wait to try this wholesome dish. Thanks a bunch for sharing the recipe! I'm really looking forward to trying it out. 🍲

"Your Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas recipe is a total winner! The combination of hearty quinoa, flavorful roasted vegetables, and protein-packed chickpeas creates a satisfying and nutritious meal. It's bursting with color, texture, and flavor, making it a true delight for both the eyes and the taste buds. I can't wait to enjoy it again!"🥗🥗🥗

Looks absolutely mouthwatering! I love how colorful and nutritious it is, with all those vibrant veggies and protein-packed chickpeas. Plus, quinoa is one of my favorite grains, it's so versatile and satisfying. I can't wait to whip up a big batch of this salad for lunch this week. Thanks for sharing such a tasty and wholesome recipe! 😍

Wow, this sounds amazing! I've been looking for new ways to enjoy quinoa, and this recipe ticks all the boxes. Thanks for sharing – I can't wait to try it out and add some wholesome goodness to my meals! 🥗✨

Back