Ratatouille's Ratatouille

Ajax

Novice Foodie
I just watched the film Ratatouille and got inspired by that French specialty, Ratatouille. So, I searched for the recipe right away, and although there were a lot of processes, I still decided to give it a try. After gathering all the ingredients, I started following the instructions. Guess what? I successfully made what I wanted! The vegetables create a tasty and satisfying flavor when mixed. They blend nicely without overpowering each other, making it a chef's kiss dish. 👩‍🍳😋

Let me share the recipe with you all:

Ingredients:
IMG20240317114348.jpg

VEGETABLES
  • 2 eggplants
  • 6 roma tomatoes
  • 2 yellow squashes
  • 2 zucchinis

SAUCE
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 medium white onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
  • kosher salt, to taste
  • freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 28 oz crushed tomatoes(795 g)
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil

HERB SEASONING
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
  • kosher salt, to taste
  • freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil

Preparation:
  1. Heat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
  2. Cut the eggplant, tomatoes, squash, and zucchini into thin slices, about 1 millimeter thick. Set them aside.
  3. Cook the onion, garlic, and bell peppers in olive oil until soft. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir in basil, then spread this sauce evenly in a pan.
  4. Layer the veggies**: Arrange the sliced vegetables in the pan, alternating them in a circular pattern. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
  5. Mix basil, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Spoon this herb mixture over the vegetables.
  6. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 20 minutes until the veggies are tender.
  7. Enjoy the ratatouille hot as a main dish or side. You can also reheat leftovers by covering with foil and baking at 350˚F (180˚C) for 15 minutes or microwaving until warm.

I highly recommend the film Ratatouille if you're into heartwarming stories with a foodie twist. If the dish Ratatouille has caught your attention too, this recipe will guide you to make the masterpiece! 🥰

It really reminds me of what I saw at the movie. It looks delicious and surprisingly doable, considering how fancy it seems in the film. I'm definitely going to give it a try. And yes, Ratatouille is such a feel-good movie, especially for food lovers. Thanks again for the recipe! 🍅🥒

Back