Refreshing Cucumber Tomato Salad: A Summer Staple šŸ…šŸ„—

byang05

Culinary Explorer
IMG_7392.jpeg

I have another recipe that I just recently discovered and eaten over the weekend. Its a mixed flavors of summer with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and a zesty vinaigrette.

Ingredients:

ā€¢ 2 large cucumbers, sliced
ā€¢ 2 large tomatoes, diced
ā€¢ 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
ā€¢ 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or your favorite herb)
ā€¢ 2 tablespoons olive oil
ā€¢ 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon honey (optional, for a touch of sweetness)
ā€¢ Salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, sliced red onion, and chopped parsley.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey (if using), salt, and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the cucumber and tomato mixture, tossing gently to coat everything evenly.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
5. Chill the salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
6. Just before serving, give the salad a final toss and garnish with additional parsley if desired.
7. Serve your Refreshing Cucumber Tomato Salad as a side dish or enjoy it on its own for a light and refreshing meal!

I hope this simple yet flavorful salad adds a little brightness to your day and reminds you of the joys of summer. With every crisp bite of cucumber and juicy burst of tomato, may you savor the simple pleasures of fresh, seasonal ingredients. Until next time, happy salad-making and bon appĆ©tit! šŸ„’šŸ…šŸŒæ

I love how it combines crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and fresh herbs with a zesty vinaigrette ā€“ it's like a burst of sunshine in every bite. Also, the touch of honey for sweetness is a brilliant idea. Can't wait to try making this for my next backyard barbecue or picnic!

Absolutely love this! šŸ˜šŸ„’šŸ… Cucumber tomato salad is the epitome of summer freshness. It's the perfect side dish for any BBQ or picnic, offering a crisp and tangy flavor that complements any main course. Can't wait to try it out for my next outdoor gathering!

Back