Rich and Simple French Onion Soup 🧅🥘

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
I have been trying this soup for a month now at a French restaurant, and I became curious about how to make it and create my own version. The recipe is a rich and simple French Onion Soup that no one can compare to in terms of taste and ease of preparation. I am confident that you will love it. :giggle:

Rich and Simple French Onion Soup.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter​
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil​
  • 4 cups sliced onions​
  • 5 cups beef broth​
  • 2 tablespoons dry sherry​
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme​
  • Salt and pepper to taste​
  • 4 slices French bread​
  • 4 slices provolone cheese​
  • 2 slices Swiss cheese, diced​
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese​

Directions:
  1. In an 8-quart stock pot, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender and translucent, stirring continually. Be careful not to brown the onions.​
  2. Add beef broth, sherry, and thyme to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 30 minutes.​
  3. Preheat the oven's broiler.​
  4. Ladle the soup into oven-safe serving bowls. Place one slice of bread on top of each bowl (bread can be broken into pieces if preferred). Layer each bread slice with a slice of provolone, half slice of diced Swiss, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.​
  5. Place the bowls on a cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until the cheese bubbles and browns slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.​
  6. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious homemade French Onion Soup!​
This recipe delivers rich flavors with minimal effort, making it perfect for cozy nights in or for impressing guests with a gourmet meal. Enjoy! 🥰

YUM!!! The caramelized onions are the key to any good French Onion Soup, and yours look perfect 🧅:love: This recipe is a great reminder that sometimes the simplest dishes can be the most delicious 😋

I have been trying this soup for a month now at a French restaurant, and I became curious about how to make it and create my own version. The recipe is a rich and simple French Onion Soup that no one can compare to in terms of taste and ease of preparation. I am confident that you will love it. :giggle:

View attachment 2588
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter​
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil​
  • 4 cups sliced onions​
  • 5 cups beef broth​
  • 2 tablespoons dry sherry​
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme​
  • Salt and pepper to taste​
  • 4 slices French bread​
  • 4 slices provolone cheese​
  • 2 slices Swiss cheese, diced​
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese​

Directions:
  1. In an 8-quart stock pot, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender and translucent, stirring continually. Be careful not to brown the onions.​
  2. Add beef broth, sherry, and thyme to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 30 minutes.​
  3. Preheat the oven's broiler.​
  4. Ladle the soup into oven-safe serving bowls. Place one slice of bread on top of each bowl (bread can be broken into pieces if preferred). Layer each bread slice with a slice of provolone, half slice of diced Swiss, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.​
  5. Place the bowls on a cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until the cheese bubbles and browns slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.​
  6. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious homemade French Onion Soup!​
This recipe delivers rich flavors with minimal effort, making it perfect for cozy nights in or for impressing guests with a gourmet meal. Enjoy! 🥰
French onion soup is such a classic comfort food, and this recipe looks amazing! Can't wait to give it a try on a cozy evening. Thanks for sharing!

Rich and simple French onion soup? Get ready for a bowlful of cozy comfort that's bursting with flavor! 🍲✨ Simmer sweet caramelized onions in a savory beef broth, top with crusty bread and melted cheese, and you've got yourself a classic French delicacy that's perfect for chilly evenings or anytime you need a little pick-me-up. It's the epitome of simple elegance - bon appétit! 🇫🇷🥄

YUM!!! The caramelized onions are the key to any good French Onion Soup, and yours look perfect 🧅:love: This recipe is a great reminder that sometimes the simplest dishes can be the most delicious

Thanks a bunch! Those caramelized onions really do work wonders, don't they? So glad you enjoyed the soup! 🍲

French onion soup is such a classic comfort food, and this recipe looks amazing! Can't wait to give it a try on a cozy evening. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you like the recipe! It's definitely perfect for those chilly nights when you're craving something warm and comforting. Let me know how it turns out when you give it a try! 🤩

Rich and simple French onion soup? Get ready for a bowlful of cozy comfort that's bursting with flavor! 🍲✨ Simmer sweet caramelized onions in a savory beef broth, top with crusty bread and melted cheese, and you've got yourself a classic French delicacy that's perfect for chilly evenings or anytime you need a little pick-me-up. It's the epitome of simple elegance - bon appétit! 🇫🇷🥄
Oh, that sounds like a warm hug on a cold day! Got my taste buds dancing already.... can't wait to whip up a batch and dive into that cheesy goodness! :love:

Back