Risotto

TheAmericanNightmare

Novice Foodie
Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I'm thrilled to share my go-to recipe for a creamy and flavorful risotto. This dish is a labor of love, but trust me, the end result is absolutely worth it. From sautéing the onions to that final sprinkle of Parmesan, every step contributes to the rich, indulgent taste of this classic Italian comfort food. Let's dive into the details together!

Risoto.jpg

Ingredients:
8 cups chicken broth​
1/4 cup olive oil​
1/2 cup finely chopped onion​
3 cups arborio rice​
2 garlic cloves, minced​
1 cup dry white wine or water​
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese​
2 tablespoons butter​
1/4 teaspoon salt​
1/4 teaspoon pepper​
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Preparation:
  1. Start by heating the broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once it simmers, reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
  2. In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Add rice and garlic; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly toasted. Sweating the onion before toasting adds flavour, a key step for a rich risotto.
  3. Pour wine into the Dutch oven; cook until absorbed. Opt for dry white wine for acidity, or water as an alternative.
  4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup warm broth, stirring constantly until absorbed before each addition. The process takes about 20 minutes. Ensure the final addition is absorbed, leaving creamy yet tender risotto.
  5. If the last addition is reduced too far, add water or butter to loosen the mixture.
  6. Stir in cheese, butter, salt, pepper, and parsley until combined. Serve immediately.

And there you have it, my tried-and-true risotto recipe! I hope you enjoy making and savouring this dish as much as I do. Cheers to good food and happy cooking!

Your creamy risotto recipe looks fantastic! I can practically taste the rich, indulgent flavors just from reading the instructions. I'll definitely have to give this a try soon! 😋

Risotto! 🍚😋 Oh, I've been craving that creamy, comforting goodness lately. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm excited to give it a try and channel my inner Italian chef. There's just something so satisfying about stirring up a batch of risotto and savoring every mouthful. Can't wait to dive in! 🇮🇹🍴

I made a roasted tomato and red pepper risotto ages ago and it was so good, I was so proud since it was my second risotto ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و ♡

Hey! 😊 Risotto is a classic Italian comfort food that's incredibly versatile! 🇮🇹 Whether you prefer a creamy mushroom risotto or a zesty lemon risotto, there's a flavor combination for everyone. 🍋

Back