Roast Duck Legs With Red Wine Sauce

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Roast Duck Legs with Red Wine Sauce
Craving something a bit more gourmet? This Roast Duck Legs with Red Wine Sauce is perfect for a special dinner. Let’s get cooking!
468×299
41.1 kB

Roast Duck Legs With Red Wine Sauce.jpg

Ingredients:

• 4 duck legs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups red wine
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon flour
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Duck Legs: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Season the duck legs generously with salt and pepper.
  2. Sear the Duck Legs: In a large ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the duck legs, skin-side down, and sear until the skin is crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Flip the legs and sear the other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove the duck legs from the skillet and set aside.
  3. Sauté the Vegetables: In the same skillet, add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add Wine and Stock: Pour in the red wine and chicken stock, then stir in the tomato paste. Add the thyme and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
  5. Roast the Duck Legs: Return the duck legs to the skillet, skin-side up. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the duck is tender and the sauce has thickened.
  6. Prepare the Sauce: Once the duck legs are cooked, remove them from the skillet and keep warm. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan, discarding the solids. In a small bowl, mix the butter and flour to form a paste (beurre manié). Whisk this paste into the sauce and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
  7. Serve: Serve the duck legs hot with the red wine sauce drizzled over the top. Pair with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables.
Enjoy your elegant and flavorful dish!

Duck legs with red wine sauce sounds like the perfect dish for a fancy dinner at home. I love how the sauce is made with such rich ingredients—I'm sure it adds a ton of flavor. Can't wait to try this out, especially with some creamy mashed potatoes on the side. Thanks for sharing! 🍷🍗✨

It looks absolutely mouthwatering and perfect for a special occasion or a cozy dinner at home. The combination of succulent duck legs with a rich red wine sauce sounds like a match made in culinary heaven. I can't wait to try it out! Do you have any tips for achieving perfectly crispy skin on the duck legs or any creative twists to elevate the flavor of the red wine sauce? Excited to recreate this delectable dish in my own kitchen! 🌟🍽️

Back