Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad

EvanSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Check out this mouthwatering Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad recipe! πŸ…πŸ§€ It's all about those slow-roasted tomatoes, juicy mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves, perfectly drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. πŸ˜‹ Let the flavors dance on your taste buds with each bite! Try it out and be ready for a flavor explosion!

Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad

Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad.jpg

Ingredients:

• 12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
  • 1/4 cup good quality olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 16 ounces fresh salted mozzarella
  • 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135 degrees Celsius).
  2. On a sheet pan, arrange the halved tomatoes cut side up in a single layer.
  3. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
  4. Sprinkle the minced garlic, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper over the tomatoes.
  5. Roast the tomatoes in the preheated oven for about 2 hours, until they are concentrated and begin to caramelize. Let the roasted tomatoes cool to room temperature.
  6. Slice the mozzarella into pieces slightly less than 1/2-inch thick. If the slices are larger than the tomatoes, cut them in half.
  7. Arrange the roasted tomatoes and mozzarella slices alternately on a serving platter.
  8. Scatter the thinly sliced basil leaves over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
  9. Lightly sprinkle the assembled salad with salt and pepper, and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
  10. Serve the Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad at room temperature and enjoy!

PS: I just love how this Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad brings together the best flavors of summer! πŸŒžπŸ… Whether it's a quick lunch or a star side dish at dinner, it never fails to impress. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you! Happy cooking!

Just tried this Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad recipe and it was amazing! The roasted tomatoes add such a great depth of flavor. I used fresh basil from my garden and it really made a difference. Definitely a keeper! πŸŒΏπŸ…πŸ΄

I can almost taste the burst of flavors from those slow-roasted tomatoes and creamy mozzarella. It's like summer on a plate! Have you ever tried adding any other ingredients or variations to this classic recipe?πŸ…πŸ§€

Back