Rosewater Pistachio Baklava Cheesecake

willa_On

Culinary Explorer
I recently tried this mind-blowing dessert that I had to share with you all. It's a fusion of two of my favorite things: creamy cheesecake and decadent baklava. But with a twist – rosewater!

This cheesecake has a luxurious rosewater-infused cheesecake filling, a buttery pistachio crust made from phyllo dough, and is studded with chopped pistachios throughout. It's then topped with a simple honey drizzle for an extra touch of sweetness.

Trust me, it sounds weird at first, but the combination of flavors is absolutely divine – the floral rosewater complements the rich cheesecake and pistachios beautifully. Plus, it's surprisingly easy to make!

Rosewater Pistachio Baklava Cheesecake.jpeg

Ingredients:

• For the Crust:
    • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
    • 1 package (15.25 ounces) phyllo dough, thawed
  • For the Cheesecake Filling:
    • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 large egg
    • 1/4 cup sour cream
    • 1/4 cup heavy cream
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
    • Pinch of salt
    • 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
  • For the Topping:
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 1 tablespoon water
    • 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
  2. Make the Crust: Brush a sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter. Lay it in the bottom of the prepared pan, letting some of the dough hang over the edge. Repeat with 5 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with butter and letting some overhang the edge (this will create a beautiful crust). Gently fold the overhanging phyllo dough over the edge to create a rough crust.
  3. Make the Filling: In a large bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract, rosewater, and salt. Fold in the chopped pistachios.
  4. Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared phyllo dough crust.
  5. Bake the cheesecake for 50-55 minutes, or until the center is just slightly set. The cheesecake will continue to set as it cools.
  6. Make the Topping: While the cheesecake cools, whisk together the honey and water in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until the honey is thinned and warmed through, about 2 minutes.
  7. Let the cheesecake cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
  8. To serve, drizzle the cheesecake with the honey topping and sprinkle with additional chopped pistachios.
This cheesecake is next-level delicious, and I promise it will impress anyone you serve it to. The rosewater adds a delicate floral aroma and flavor that perfectly complements the creamy cheesecake and nutty pistachios. So ditch the ordinary cheesecake and give this unique recipe a try! I have a feeling you'll be obsessed. Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Wow, this Rosewater Baklava Cheesecake sounds incredible! :eek: I can't believe I haven't heard of this combo before, but creamy cheesecake with decadent baklava flavors and a hint of rosewater sounds absolutely divine.

Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm super curious to try it myself! Maybe I'll add a sprinkle of rose petals for an extra fancy touch! 🥀

Wow, your recipe for Rosewater Pistachio Baklava Cheesecake sounds absolutely divine! The combination of flavors and textures is simply mouthwatering. I love how you've incorporated the essence of baklava into a creamy cheesecake – it's such a creative twist. Can't wait to give your recipe a try and indulge in a slice of this decadent dessert. Thanks for sharing your culinary masterpiece with us!

This recipe is a brilliant fusion of creamy cheesecake and decadent baklava, enhanced with floral notes of rosewater. The honey drizzle gives the ideal amount of sweetness. I can't wait to try it! 🍰🌹

Yummy! Rosewater pistachio baklava cheesecake! Ia divine fusion of Middle Eastern and Western flavors, with the delicate floral essence of rosewater perfectly complementing the richness of pistachios and the creamy decadence of cheesecake, creating a truly unforgettable dessert experience.

Back