Sautéed Dandelion Greens 🥬

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Are you looking to explore a new way to enjoy dandelion greens? Sautéing them instead of using them in a salad brings out their unique bitterness in a delightful way. It's a great opportunity to utilize those backyard dandelions or pick them up at your local grocery or Asian market. It was great, hopefully you will try this guys. 😉

Sautéed Dandelion Greens.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pound dandelion greens, torn into 4-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions:
  1. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl of cold water. Add the torn dandelion greens and let them soak for 10 minutes. Drain well.
  2. Bring a large pot of water with 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the dandelion greens and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the greens and rinse them under cold water until they are chilled.
  3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onion and red pepper flakes. Sauté until the onion is tender, which usually takes about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
  4. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the blanched dandelion greens to the skillet. Continue to cook and stir until any liquid has evaporated, typically about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Optionally, sprinkle the sautéed dandelion greens with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Notes:
  • Bitterness of Dandelion Greens: Dandelion greens have a bitter taste that pairs well with savory dishes and balances flavors.
  • Variation: Feel free to adjust the seasoning and add your favorite herbs or spices to enhance the flavor.

Enjoy your delicious sautéed dandelion greens as a unique side dish or a flavorful addition to any meal! :)

Thanks for the awesome suggestion! I never thought to sauté dandelion greens, but it sounds like a great way to mix up my veggie game. I appreciate the detailed recipe and tips—definitely gonna give it a shot! 🌿🍽️
So glad you liked the idea! Sautéing dandelion greens is a total game-changer, right? 🤩 Thanks for appreciating the recipe, can't wait to hear how it turns out for you! 🌱🍴

Hey, thanks for the sautéed dandelion greens idea! Never thought of cooking them up like that, gonna try it next time I spot those pesky weeds in my yard. 🌿😄

Hey, thanks for the sautéed dandelion greens idea! Never thought of cooking them up like that, gonna try it next time I spot those pesky weeds in my yard. 🌿😄
Awesome, glad you liked the idea! Those dandelion greens can be a surprise hit, right? Enjoy cooking 'em up next time you spot those yard invaders! 🌿😄

This sautéed dandelion greens recipe is so earthy and nutritious, it turns weeds into wonders!
Thanks a bunch for the love! 🌿✨ Turning weeds into wonders is totally my vibe, and I'm stoked you enjoyed the sautéed dandelion greens recipe. Keep those earthy eats coming! 💚🍴

Back