Savory Chicken Mole

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer
Hi folks! Check out this drool-worthy Chicken Mole recipe! 🤤 It's packed with flavor and perfect for cozy nights in. Just toss everything in the slow cooker and let it work its magic while you relax. Plus, it's freezer-friendly for meal prep convenience! Who's ready to spice up dinner?

Savory Chicken Mole
Ingredients:

• 12 bone-in chicken thighs (approximately 4-1/2 pounds), skin removed
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
For the Mole Sauce:
  • 1 can (28 ounces) of whole tomatoes, drained
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds discarded
  • 1/2 cup of toasted sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup of raisins
  • 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
  • 3/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
Savory Chicken Mole (1).jpg

Directions:
  1. Season the chicken thighs with salt and place them in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
  2. In a food processor, combine the drained tomatoes, chopped onion, dried ancho chiles, toasted almonds, raisins, chopped chocolate, olive oil, chipotle pepper, garlic cloves, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon. Process until smooth.
  3. Pour the mole sauce over the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
  4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is tender. Skim off any excess fat.
  5. Serve the chicken mole with the sauce, and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
Can Chicken Mole be Frozen? To freeze chicken mole, cool it in the mole sauce, then transfer to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Heat slowly in a covered skillet or Dutch oven until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°-175°F, stirring occasionally. Add broth or water if needed to adjust the consistency.

PS: Hope you enjoy making this Chicken Mole as much as I do! 🍽️ It's a total flavor bomb that'll impress your taste buds and your guests. Don't forget to snap a pic for the 'gram before you dig in! 😋 #FoodieLife #CookingAdventures

It sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for cozy nights at home. I can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends with my cooking skills! Thanks again for the inspiration! 😋✨👌

It sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for cozy nights at home. I can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends with my cooking skills! Thanks again for the inspiration! 😋✨👌
Thank you so much! I'm thrilled you liked the recipe. Cozy nights and good food are the best combo, right? Can't wait to hear how it turns out for you and your friends! 😋

Back